This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
The Augustinian priory and hospital of St Mary without Bishopsgate (later known as St Mary Spital) was founded in 1197 and completely rebuilt in the 13th and 14th centuries. The results of excavations between 1982 and 1991 are integrated with documentary, finds and environmental evidence in a chronological narrative which charts the development of the medieval infirmary, chapel and cemetery, and of the monastic cloister. Thematic chapters address such issues as health and hygiene, standards of living and trest,emt of the sick poor. The post-Dissolution fragmentation of the precinct and the formation of the wealthy suburb of Spitalfields are also described.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
x + 267pp, inc. 114 figs, 81 tables, laminated card, A4
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Museum of London Archaeology Service, 1997. Paperback. Condition: Good. Sent within 24 hours. Expedited UK delivery available. Seller Inventory # BBI2445117
Book Description MOLA (Museum of London Archaeolo, 1997. Paperback. Condition: Good. Item may show signs of shelf wear. Pages may include limited notes and highlighting. Includes supplemental or companion materials if applicable. Access codes may or may not work. Connecting readers since 1972. Customer service is our top priority. Seller Inventory # mon0001066843
Book Description Museum of London Archaeology Service, 1997. Condition: Fair. This is an ex-library book and may have the usual library/used-book markings inside.This book has soft covers. With usual stamps and markings, In fair condition, suitable as a study copy. , 1300grams, ISBN:9781901992007. Seller Inventory # 7175076