This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Comprehensive and up-to-date, this new edition of A Dictionary of Philosophy spans 2500 years of philosophical thought, and offers an invaluable reference to the student of philosophy and the general reader alike.
* Extensive coverage of modern as well as historical fields, encompassing personalities, terminology and vocabulary
* Extends from the classical thinkers, through Aquinas, Descartes, Spinoza and Kant to Russell, Wittgenstein, Husserl, Baudrillard and Derrida
* Entries by leading figures in their field on environmental ethics, the philosophy of economics, externalism, the concept of God, practical reason and virtue ethics, among many others
* Particular attention given to continental philosophy
* Over 2000 entries, with full cross-references
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
This major new edition pays particular attention to continental philosophy as well as updating and expanding Professor Flew's coverage of the more traditional aspects of the subject.Book Description:
Completely new edition of highly regarded dictionary covering 2500 years of philosophy.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Pan Macmillan, 2002. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110330487302
Book Description Pan Macmillan, 2002. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0330487302