Sloman’s Economics has proven to be an extremely popular text, with consistently positive feedback from students. Comprehensive and completely up-to-date, this sixth edition is the ideal introduction for students studying economics for the first time. And it’s carefully designed to enhance learning and help your students to improve their marks too!
Suitable for use on principles of economics courses on single or joint honours economics degree programmes, or on introductory economics courses as a part of a business, social science or other degree programme.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
easy to learn from, flexible to teach from...
John Sloman’s Economics has proven to be an extremely popular text, with consistently positive feedback from students. Comprehensive and completely up-to-date, this sixth edition is the ideal introduction to economics for those looking to be interested and motivated by the subject. It’s carefully designed to enhance your learning and help you to raise your marks too!
· Careful use of a wealth of examples and cases to make the subject relevant to the real world and bring it to life.
· Every sentence carefully considered to ensure clarity and ease of understanding.
· Learning features integrated throughout the text, such as questions, definitions, web references and summaries. These encourage you to reflect on what you’ve learnt and highlight the links between different areas of the subject.
· Suitable for a range of courses: advanced material is covered for more rigorous courses, but is easily identifiable and can be omitted without hindering understanding of basic concepts.
New to this edition:
· Thoroughly revised and updated: every sentence, table, chart and factual reference has been reviewed, and revised where necessary.
· Many new examples and boxes have been added.
· NEW Threshold Concepts feature explaining the core concepts you need to grasp in order to think like an economist.
· NEW Looking at the Maths panels express models and theories mathematically in addition to the words and diagrams used in the main body of the text. They are backed up by fully worked examples with questions and answers on the Companion Website, but can easily be omitted on less rigorous courses.
· Policy sections have been updated to reflect recent changes, for example on competition policy, monetary policy and environmental policy.
· Extended coverage of various aspects of globalisation, such as the rapid economic growth in China, and attempts to reduce developing country debt.
The best resource package for introductory economics just got better! Resources are carefully integrated with the text to provide a complete and blended learning experience.
· Now with MyEconLab: enables you to assess your own learning, and provides a personalised Study Plan which identifies areas you need to concentrate on to improve your grades. Specific tools are provided for you to direct your study in the most efficient way. Access to MyEconLab is provided with every new purchase of the main text.
· A wealth of resources is provided on the Companion Website for both lecturers and students. See inside for further details.
· A printed Workbook containing a set of over 1500 questions of various types, carefully matched to the content of the main text, allows you to test your understanding and apply your knowledge. Available for purchase on its own, or value packed with the main text at a discount.
· WinEcon CD contains award-winning interactive tutorials, especially customised for use with Sloman’s Economics. Available for purchase at a discount with the main text.
Suitable for use on principles of economics courses as a part of single or joint honours economics degree programmes, or on introductory economics courses as a part of a business, social science or other degree programme.
About the author:
John Sloman is Principal Lecturer in the School of Economics at the University of the West of England. He is also Director of the Economics Network: the economics subject centre of the Higher Education Academy. Economics Network is based at the University of Bristol.About the Author:
John Sloman is Director of the Economics Network, the economics subject centre of the Higher Education Academy. Economics Network is based at the University of Bristol. John is also Visiting Professor at the University of the West of England, Bristol.Alison Wrideis Deputy Director of the University of Exeter Business School and an Associate Professor in Economics.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Prentice Hall Trade, 1999. Paperback. Book Condition: Used; Acceptable. Dispatched, from the UK, within 48 hours of ordering. The book is perfectly readable and fit for use, although it shows signs of previous ownership. The spine is likely creased and the cover scuffed or slightly torn. Textbooks will typically have an amount of underlining and/or highlighting, as well as notes. If this book is over 5 years old, then please expect the pages to be yellowing or to have age spots. Bookseller Inventory # CHL1861504
Book Description Prentice Hall Trade, 1999. Paperback. Book Condition: Used; Good. Dispatched, from the UK, within 48 hours of ordering. This book is in good condition but will show signs of previous ownership. Please expect some creasing to the spine and/or minor damage to the cover. Grubby book. This book is dirty and has significant shelf wear, however all text is there and readable, as such it is acceptable for sale, and is still a good read. Thanks. Bookseller Inventory # CHL1961068
Book Description Prentice Hall Trade, 1999. Paperback. Book Condition: Good. Sent within 24 hours. Expedited UK delivery available. Bookseller Inventory # BBI1890362
Book Description Prentice Hall Trade, 1999. Paperback. Book Condition: Very Good. ECONOMICS This book is in very good condition and will be shipped within 24 hours of ordering. The cover may have some limited signs of wear but the pages are clean, intact and the spine remains undamaged. This book has clearly been well maintained and looked after thus far. Money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. See all our books here, order more than 1 book and get discounted shipping. . Bookseller Inventory # 7719-0139897089
Book Description Book Condition: good. 1461 Gramm. Bookseller Inventory # M00139897089-G
Book Description Book Condition: Very Good. Book Condition: Very Good. Bookseller Inventory # 97801398970853.0
Book Description Prentice Hall Trade. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: Very Good. 0139897089 UK BASED SELLER SHIPS OVERSEAS AIRMAIL ALWAYS. Bookseller Inventory # A0040449
Book Description Prentice-Hall, 1998. Taschenbuch. Book Condition: Gebraucht. Gebraucht - Gut 3. Aufl. - Bi - Bibliotheksexemplar, 4. Aufl.Rücken stark beschädigt, da Signatur entfernt wurde! Gestempelt, Aufkleber, altersgemäßer Zustand, Schnellversand per DPD - 830 pp. Bookseller Inventory # INF1000304261