You will automatically receive a 3 month FREE subscription to Harrison's Online 2.0 with your purchase of the HARRISON textbook.
Eminently readable, completely current, and dramatically revised, the new fifteenth edition of Harrison's PRINCIPLES OF INTERNAL MEDICINE raises the bar for internal medicine references. Featuring over 90 completely new chapters, HARRISON'S continues to provide the most authoritative record of internal medicine as practiced by the leading experts in the field. And it gives you the one comprehensive database that covers the full spectrum of issues you need to know NOW - basic science, pathophysiology, presenting clinical signs, diagnosis, and the latest treatment guidelines.
* Expanded treatment with more algorithms and diagnostic decision trees
* A new feature, Genetic Considerations, describes how new advances affect patient care
* Clinical Guidelines now added throughout, provide evidence-based treatment strategies
* Alternative Medicine...a detailed chapter covers this emerging field
* New Chapter on Late Problems in Patients with Cancer
* New guidelines on Adolescent Health Care
* The latest in Gene Therapy with a new chapter on Screening, Prevention, and Counseling for Genetic Disorders
* New chapter on Infertility and Fertility Control
* Neurobiology of Disease highlights numerous advances made during "The disease of the Brain"
* Late-breaking treatment information on multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's and more
* A new color atlas of malaria-infected red blood cells
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
The ultimate on-the-spot resource, the Harrison's Companion puts authoritative, but concise guidelines on pathophysiology, clinical signs, diagnosis, and management of all internal medicine disorders at your fingertips. Important new features highlight the new Companion...expanded therapy; a two-color design that highlights treatment information and key points; more coverage of oncology; treatment algorithms. Plus, each chapter is reinforced to the corresponding chapter in the latest edition of Harrison's to facilitate additional reading.About the Author:
Among his many accomplishments, Dr. Braunwald is the editor of HEART DISEASE; a major competitor to HURST'S THE HEART and he is one of the primary editors of Harrison's PRINCIPLES OF INTERNAL MEDICINE.
C.F. Kettering Professor of Medicine, Chief, Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Molecular Medicine Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2001. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 15. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0079136869
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional. Paperback. Book Condition: New. International Edition. Very fast shipping. Receive your book in 2-7 business days if you checkout with expedited shipping. We take pride in our customer service, please contact us if you have any questions regarding the listing. Bookseller Inventory # in-us-9780079136862
Book Description The McGraw-Hill Company. Book Condition: New. pp. 2629. Bookseller Inventory # 5781364