Fully adapted for Australian practice, this book is a concise, practical guide to common cardiac problems and diseases encountered in acute care situations.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"Raj Naidu, MD University of Texas, San Antonio "What I liked about the sample chapter is the references blended within the text, the hints for each topic, and the tables/flowcharts, and graphs. I think all of this adds a great deal to the book. Also the format with the history, physical exam, lab, testing sections allowed the reader to systematically compare the text with his patient. By having this format and including more than just text, I think your book will have a distinctive advantage." Christopher Oh, MD, Fellow Loma Linda University "To date, I don't know of a manual in which a Fellow, or an Attending, can slip into his coat pocket a peripheral cardiology brain for easy referencing. It seems that this manual is thorough, yet concise. This is a plus during busy schedules and rounds. I believe that a book like this is very beneficial. Sunil Shroff Internal Medicine Resident going into Cardiology Fellowship Chicago, IL "The information presented is clear and concise. The topics and pearls are all very pertinent. The references to studies directly in the text is extremely useful, especially when using evidence-based medicine to guide practice. This is a very practical and useful text, especially at the level of a Medicine Intern. Medical Residents would also find this information very useful. A Cardiology Fellow may use a more detailed text, but the references to studies and the concise nature of the text make this a useful clinical reference when in the CCU - especially if their book was purchased at a point earlier in training. Medical Students on a 4th year rotation would DEFINITELY buy this book.From the Back Cover:
A practical guide to cardiology—compact enough to carry with you at all times, comprehensive enough to cover the field
* Focuses on acute care as well as consultative issues commonly encountered in cardiovascular medicine
Covers a wide spectrum of problems including:
* acute coronary syndromes
* lipid management, the most up-to-date lipid trials and guidelines
* an understanding of principles of intra-aortic balloon pumps
* Format allows the reader to easily and rapidly acquire key concepts
* Each chapter starts off with highlights of that chapter and is followed by hints and tips on diagnostic and therapeutic options
* Numerous charts, checklists, tables, graphs, and figures
* Includes a cardiac technology section—first of its kind
* Up-to-date bibliography encourages evidence-based learning
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want