Covers designing the robot system, software development, and advanced programming
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Often overlooked at the initial design stage is how the robot will be controlled. Predko addresses everything the enthusiast needs to fill in the gaps. However, some prior programming and electronic knowledge is assumed. The CD-ROM includes HTML links and source code for sample applications. (Library Journal 2002-11-01)From the Back Cover:
LEARNING TO PROGRAM ROBOT CONTROLLERS JUST GOT A LOT EASIER!
In this innovative addition to the ROBOT DNA SERIES, author Myke Predko demonstrates how robot controllers are programmed using the versatile Microchip PICmicro Microcontroller. The focus of the book is on the least understood aspect of robot design; integrating multiple sensors and peripherals software that will work cooperatively and allow for a simple high-level control application. To explain the concepts presented in the book, Myke uses off-the-shelf parts and a “C” programming language compiler that is included on the CD-ROM.
Written in a clear, easy-to-understand style, Programming Robot Controllers thoroughly explores:
* How different sensors, outputs, and peripherals can be wired to a microcontroller to work cooperatively and create a high-level control program
* The various subsystem functions the controller will have to perform
* The basic theory behind output devices, input devices/sensors, and motor control--and how to integrate these devices
* How the different interfaces are actually implemented in a microcontroller
* How to transport the sample interface and control application codes presented in the book to other microcontrollers
* The amazing software development capabilities of MPLAB and PICC Lite C programming language compiler (both included on the CD-ROM)
* The Microchip PICmicro PIC16F627 which can be erased and reprogrammed with simple hardware
If you're an amateur robotics hobbyist ready to enjoy the challenge--and rewards--of programming, there's no better coach than Myke Predko.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO PROGRAM YOUR ROBOT CONTROLLER
* Microcontrollers in Robots
* Software Development
* The Microchip PICmicro Microcontroller
* Microcontroller Connections
* Designing the Robot System
* Advanced Programming
* Going Forward
* PICMicro Instruction Set Reference
* Selected PICMicro MCU datasheets
* Microchip MPLAB software and documentation
* “El Cheapo” programmer software and building instructions
* PICC-Lite Compiler Software and documentation
* Source code for sample applications
* HTML links
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill/TAB Electronics, 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0071408517
Book Description McGraw-Hill/TAB Electronics, 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0071408517
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97800714085161.0
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: BRAND NEW. BRAND NEW. Fast Shipping. Prompt Customer Service. Satisfaction guaranteed. Bookseller Inventory # 0071408517BNA
Book Description McGraw-Hill/TAB Electronics, 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110071408517
Book Description U.S.A.: McGraw-Hill/TAB Electronics, 2002. Soft cover. Book Condition: New. 1st Edition..... Language: eng Language: eng Language: eng Language: eng Language: eng. Bookseller Inventory # T-12A
Book Description McGraw-Hill/TAB Electronics. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0071408517 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.0027019