Recognized for its practice-oriented approach to neurology that is based on the patient's presenting symptoms or signs, this comprehensive book is organized according to problems rather than by specific diseases. Among its features are coverage of basic neuroanatomy, clinically-oriented discussions of each neurological disease, boxed chapter outlines at the beginning of each chapter, extensive tables and figures, and an appendix that provides a step-by-step description of the neurologic examination.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"All the major clinical areas of neurology are covered using a systems approach. From cell neurophysiology to the gross anatomy and physiologic correlates, the book covers the relevant clinical neurology. As an introduction, it serves as a good bridge between the basic science and the world of clinical neurology. Particularly helpful are the clinical vignettes in each chapter that reinforce the clinical relevance of the basic science material presented." "The book is one of the best in its category. It is very useful and is one of the most comprehensive, yet readable books for residents and students."From the Back Cover:
- Symptom-oriented approach to neurology
- Updated treatment regimens for neurological disorders
- Current concepts in molecular pathogenesis
Clinical Neurology offers up-to-date and comprehensive coverage of basic and clinical neuroscience concepts presented within the framework of problems encountered in the clinical setting.
- Concise coverage of neurology using a symptom-oriented approach
- Clinically-oriented discussion of each disease
- Includes basic neuroanatomy and pathophysiology
- Most current information on therapeutics
- Each chapter thoroughly updated with special focus on Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease, neurogenetics, and management of stroke, epilepsy, and headache
- Chapter outlines provide a quick overview of each topic
- Includes over 200 tables and figures for easy reference
Recognized for its practice-oriented approach to neurology based on the patient's presenting symptoms
- Reflects advances in the understanding of the molecular basis of neurological diseases and recent innovations in the treatment of disorders
- Emphasizes history taking and neurological examination as the cornerstones of neurological diagnosis
- Includes a step-by-step description of the neurological examination
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill/Appleton & Lange, 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 5. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0071375430
Book Description McGraw-Hill/Appleton & Lange, 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0071375430
Book Description McGraw-Hill/Appleton & Lange. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0071375430 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.0026678
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97800713754361.0