Interpersonal Communication Book
Offering the perfect balance of theory and practical skills, this market-leading text equips students to make reasoned and effective communication decisions. Recognized for its ability to help students understand the crucial connection between theory and practice, the Ninth Edition includes a new feature called "Ask the Researcher" in which renowned researchers provide practical, and sometimes provocative, answers to questions often raised by students in the course. An entirely new chapter?Unit 22 "Interpersonal Communication and Relationships in the Workplace"?extends DeVito's trademark coverage of interpersonal relationships into the workplace. Further supporting the text's mission to provide students with an interactive and engaging introduction to interpersonal communication, the Ninth Edition features an exciting new integrated text and technology learning system. Contextually-placed web icons in the text's margins direct students to the book's Companion Website where they engage in interactive exercises or simulations that help them gain a better understanding of concepts presented in the text. Superior coverage of cultural diversity, expanded coverage of ethics, and new discussions of the effects of technology make The Interpersonal Communication Book, Ninth Edition, the best choice for preparing students to communicate successfully in today's world.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
The Interpersonal Communication Book helps readers understand the crucial connection between theory and practice. This tenth edition presents a comprehensive view of the theory and research in interpersonal communication and, at the same time, guides readers to improve a wide range of interpersonal skills and to apply these to personal, social, and workplace relationships.
From the Back Cover
Provide the ultimate learning experience with DeVito's The Interpersonal Communication Book, 10th Edition using these fabulous resources and more...
- Instructor's Manual/Test Bank: Includes sample syllabi, chapter outlines, classroom activities, discussion questions, and video suggestions. The Test Bank contains over one thousand items including challenging multiple-choice, true-false, and short-answer essay questions along with an answer key that ranks the difficulty level of each item.
- The Blockbuster Approach: Teaching Interpersonal Communication with Video 2/e: Provides lists and descriptions of commercial videos that can be used in the classroom to illustrate interpersonal concepts and complex interpersonal relationships. Sample activities are also included.
- VideoWorkshop for Interpersonal Communication Instructor's Teaching Guide: This guide provides teaching suggestions, quiz questions and answers, and discussion starters that will help instructors use the VideoWorkshop for Interpersonal Communication CD-ROM in class. A correlation guide helps you relate the materials to your text. The complete CD-ROM is included in the guide.
- TestGen EQ Computerized Test Bank:The user-friendly interface enables instructors to view, edit, and add questions, transfer questions to tests, and print tests in a variety of fonts. Search and sort features allow instructors to locate questions quickly and arrange them in a preferred order.
- PowerPoint Presentation Package: This text-specific package consists of a collection of lecture outlines and graphic images keyed to every chapter in the text.
- Allyn & Bacon Digital Media Archive for Communication, Version 2.0: This CD-ROM offers still images, video clips, and assorted lecture resources that can be incorporated into multimedia presentations in the classroom.
- Interpersonal Communication with Guidebook: Eight interpersonal scenarios examine a wide range of interpersonal issues. An extensive guide provides a script, class discussion questions, and exercises for each of the episodes.
- Allyn & Bacon Interpersonal Communication Video: This interpersonal video contains three scenarios illustrating key concepts in interpersonal communication with a guide featuring transcripts and teaching activities. A separate video guide is available as well.
- Allyn & Bacon Communication Video Library A collection of communication videos produced by Films for the Humanities and Social Sciences.
For a complete listing of available supplements and related titles, visit our online catalog at www.ablongman.com.
Get the most out of your textbook experience and visit the Companion Website to accompany DeVito's The Interpersonal Communication Book, 10th Edition at www.ablongman.com/devito.
Your final course grade will thank you!
- Companion Website with Practice Tests (www.ablongman.com/devito)This site includes skill-building exercises and extensions and elaborations on the text. The website also includes an online study guide with practice tests and weblinks.
- iSearch with Research Navigator for Speech Communication This resource guide for the Internet covers the basics of using the Internet, conducting web searches, and critically evaluating and documenting Internet sources. In addition, the iSearch booklet contains a student access code for the Research Navigator database, offering students free, unlimited access to a collection of 25,000+ discipline-specific articles from top-tier academic publications and peer-reviewed journals, as well as popular news publications and the New York Times.
- VideoWorkshop for Interpersonal Communication Student Learning Guide: Our complete program includes quality video footage on an easy-to-use CD-ROM with a corresponding Student Learning Guide with textbook-specific Correlation Grids. This program brings textbook concepts to life with ease, which helps you understand, analyze, and apply the objectives of the course.
- Brainstorms booklet: This booklet provides a guide to thinking more creatively about communication, or anything else. Students will find 19 practical, easy-to-use, creative-thinking techniques along with insights into the creative-thinking process.
STUDENT EDITION ORDER ISBN 0-205-36765-8
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.