Popular guide covering the canals and waterways in Wales and to the south of Liverpool. Colour Ordnance Survey® maps clearly show locks, towpaths and boating facilities. There are also comprehensive navigational notes as well as descriptions of the towns and villages, pubs and restaurants alongside the waterways.
In print for over 30 years, the Collins/Nicholson guides to the waterways have always been a vital part of journeys along Britain’s canals and rivers. They are designed for anyone and everyone with an interest in Britain’s inland waterways – from experienced boaters to those planning their first boat trip, as well as walkers, cyclists and visitors.
The Ordnance Survey ® Maps have added information showing:
• Locks, bridges, tunnels, aqueducts, winding holes and towpaths.
• Waterpoints, sanitary stations, pump out facilities and refuse disposal.
• Boatyards, pubs, restaurants and local shops.
• Mile markers and milestones (distance in miles and number of locks to strategic points along the waterways).
• The history and background to each canal.
• Local services and places of interest, pubs and restaurants and NEW for this edition: postcodes added for each place.
• Opportunities for walking and cycling.
• NEW for this edition: notes on wildlife to be found along the waterways.
Comprehensive navigational notes include:
• Maximum dimensions and low bridges.
• Mileages, advice and potential hazards.
• Navigation authorities and contact details.
Waterways covered in this guide – Caldon and Leek Canals, Llangollen Canal, Monmouthshire & Brecon Canal, Neath & Tennant and Swansea Canals, Montgomery Canal, Shropshire Union Canal, Staffordshire & Worcestershire Canal, Trent & Mersey Canal, River Weaver.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"Taste in guide books can be a very personal thing, but few serious boaters will venture out without a Nicholson's Guide. There is a wealth of information that even the most experienced cannot hope to keep abreast of, and the guides are welcome valuable for cyclists and walkers too." The Inland Waterways Association.
"If you're considering a staycation this year, this hand sized, ring-bound guide will help you make the most of your time in Wales" Welsh CountryAbout the Author:
Explore the world through accurate and up-to-date mapping.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins, 2012. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 184pp, illustrated, maps, new ring bound softback ; Octavo. Bookseller Inventory # 59416
Book Description HarperCollins UK, 2012. Spiral-bound. Book Condition: New. Spi Rep. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0007452594
Book Description HarperCollins UK, 2012. Book Condition: New. Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service! Summary: Popular guide covering the canals and waterways in Wales and to the south of Liverpool. Colour Ordnance Survey maps clearly show locks, towpaths and boating facilities. There are also comprehensive navigational notes as well as descriptions of the towns and villages, pubs and restaurants alongside the waterways. Bookseller Inventory # ABE_book_new_0007452594
Book Description HarperCollins UK, 2012. Spiral-bound. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110007452594