A brand new range of practical little walk guides endorsed by the Ramblers. All the walks are 5 miles or under in length and can easily be completed in less that 3 hours. 20 walks are included and use clear maps to show the route plus easy to follow walk descriptions.
Among the most spectacular landscapes in Britain, the Lake District offers a unique combination of crag and café, of ice-climb and ice-cream shop, or of the slippery gill and the hollyhocks of the cottage garden. It is this that makes the Lake District the perfect place for a walk on the wild – and yet civilised – side.
This compact little guide contains walks, all of which are 5 miles or under, which are ideal for an afternoon stroll.
• 20 easy to follow walks which can be completed in 3 hours and under.
• Each walk has a detailed Ordnance Survey map with the route clearly marked plus a detailed description of the route.
• The walks have been chosen with issues like parking and refreshments in mind to make life easy for families.
• There are interesting facts about the things you'll see along the route.
• All the books include general information on walking and also the general area covered by the guide.
• Packed with colour photographs of scenes you will see along the walk.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Chris Townsend is one of Great Britain's best known walkers. Formerly the editor of an outdoor leisure magazine, he now works as a freelance writer and walking tour guide.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description HarperCollins UK, 2010. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0007359411
Book Description 2010. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 180mm x 120mm x. Paperback. the perfect place for a walk on the wild - and yet civilised - side. A brand new range of practical little walk guides endorsed by the Ramblers. All the walks are 5 miles or u.Shipping may be from our Sydney, NSW warehouse or from our UK or US warehouse, depending on stock availability. 96 pages. 0.148. Bookseller Inventory # 9780007359417
Book Description HarperCollins UK, 2010. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110007359411
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97800073594171.0