Assisting Maths Teaching Guide 4 provides detailed lesson plans to save you time in your intervention planning. With its rigorous and practical approach, the Teaching Guide gives you everything you need to plan a personalised programme of work for those children who require additional maths support, leaving you free to focus on your teaching.
Assisting Maths Teaching Guide 4 provides:
· 12 units of work covering all strands of the renewed maths framework. Each unit is broken down into manageable objectives, with a detailed session plan for each objective
· session plans consisting of a series of group, paired and individual activities aimed at teaching and consolidating understanding of the relevant objective
· AfL questions, monitoring forms to assess pupil progress throughout intervention, plus strategies for children exiting intervention
· a flexible 'dip-in' resource that can be easily adapted to meet the needs of individual children, and different classroom and school organisational arrangements
· a consistent approach to teaching, learning and assessment through the cycle of: review and assess, teach, practise, apply, review and assess
· a practical, hands-on and highly visual approach to teaching and learning which uses a variety of models and images
· a resource which highlights and models key vocabulary, and has at its core the discussion of mathematical ideas and methods
· lesson plans and planning charts provided as editable Word files on the accompanying CD-ROM, allowing you to create a personalised programme of study for those children requiring extra support.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Peter Clarke has been a mathematics coordinator and deputy headteacher in primary schools in Australia and London. He has also worked as a mathematics advisor and has written many publications on primary mathematics. He also lectures on initial teacher training and postgraduate courses, and runs INSET at schools and conferences.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description HarperCollins UK, 2010. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # 9780007345151