Aimed at students targeting Grade A-A* (C-A*) on the Higher paper, this Student Book gives you comprehensive coverage of each section of the NEW AQA English Language specification, including Speaking and Listening and the new Controlled Assessments in Creative Writing and Spoken Language.
• Easy-to-use double-page lessons provide clear learning objectives, success checklists and explanations of key concepts and vocabulary.
• Activities throughout the lesson develop students’ understanding and application of the skills.
• Examiner’s tips help students develop strategies for improving their skills and raising their grades.
• Practice Tasks give students the opportunity to consolidate their understanding of each topic.
• Remember boxes summarise key points for students to remember and are useful revision aids.
• End-of-section Grade Boosters help students understand the level they are working at and show them how they can improve.
• End-of-chapter Exam Preparation and Controlled Assessment Preparation summarise the key facts about the internal and external assessment and provide sample questions, model answers and peer assessment activities to ensure students are thoroughly prepared.
• Fresh and stimulating text extracts from AQA non-fiction set texts and the new AQA anthology save you time searching for high quality examples.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Keith Brindle is a Senior Examiner with a leading Awarding Body, a former Head of English and the author of numerous books, many of which focus on revision and honing exam technique. He offers in-school support: Sessions for Teachers and Sessions for Students.
Mike Gould is an independent consultant to the Secondary National Strategies, and has worked closely on English and Functional Skills developments. He is a former Head of English and has written widely for children and teachers.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins Educational. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0007342128. Bookseller Inventory # 9780007342129
Book Description Harpercollins Education. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. 240 pages. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk0007342128