Finally, a man with the answers to the questions women ask about men! Following two decades of research into the brains and behaviour of men, Michael Gurian answers the questions every woman is longing to have answered and gives them the knowledge they need to have good relations with the opposite sex.
Michael Gurian presents a new vision of the male psyche that will satisfy the tremendous curiosity women have about male behaviour, answering questions such as:
• Why are men obsessed with electronic gadgets?
• Why can't men see the house is a mess?
• Why do men watch TV instead of talking about what's bothering them?
• Why do men get such a kick out of watching mindless action films?
• Why can men remember the names of football players, who scored and when, but not yesterday's conversation?
• Why do men enjoy racing their cars through red lights?
• Why do men put much of their identity in their work?
• Why do men tend to get more workoholic after they have kids?
• Why don’t men notice when a house is messy or dusty?
Michael Gurian makes a profound statement about the role of men in modern culture and suggests a way for men and women to thrive together in intimate separateness.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"Like a guide through a secret forest, WHAT COULD HE BE THINKING? leads the nonscientist through the complex world of brain science and relates it to some of the most frustrating sources of conflict between men and women in relationships."
— Reuters News Service
"In WHAT COULD HE BE THINKING…Michael Gurian has completed some incredible and useful research. Gurian has answered questions of vital importance."
— Chicago Tribune
“There is now scientific proof (about men) in a new book titled WHAT COULD HE BE THINKING?, which I cannot recommend highly enough.”
— Dave Barry, Columnist
Michael Gurian is a social philosopher, family therapist, educator and author of 15 books, including bestselling The Wonder of Boys. He is also the founder of the Gurian Institute, a leading international research programme into the biology of the brain, which also trains professionals. Michael lives in Washington with his wife and two daughters.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Book Condition: New. Depending on your location, this item may ship from the US or UK. Bookseller Inventory # 97800073320900000000
Book Description Element Books, 2009. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. 306 pages. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # __0007332092
Book Description HARPER COLLINS, 2009. Paperback. Book Condition: NEW. 9780007332090 This listing is a new book, a title currently in-print which we order directly and immediately from the publisher. Bookseller Inventory # HTANDREE0980109