Consumer guide to what’s best in complementary health, from products to therapies.
Susan Clark is the UK’s most trusted consumer watchdog. For all those people who are forever cutting out snippets from newspapers and magazines and for those who are confused by just how much information on supplements and therapies is thrown at them in the media, this book will be a godsend.
This wide ranging guide covers What Really Works across the entire mind, body, spirit area:
• Part 1 contains 5 chapters which are the building blocks for optimum health
1) Food: what to eat and when to eat it
2) Air: how to breathe and effects of pollution
3) Water: how much we need and why what
comes out of our taps could be harmful
4) Sunlight – its benefits
• Part 2: is a top to toe look at natural remedies for 80 everyday complaints
• Part 3: called Hands-on, lists 30 of the best complementary therapies
• Part 4: called Soulworks looks at spiritual-based therapies and practices – from shamanism to meditation
• Part 5 is a Time Out guide to spas, retreats, therapists – everything from yoga holidays to flotation tanks
• The biggest resources section of any book on the market today makes this book invaluable to the public
In each case the book is thoroughly referenced to show you where to go, what brand to choose, which practitioner is best internationally.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
“A veritable bible, written by the health jounalist of the year, it’s packed with information on how to improve ebverything in your life, from your exercise routine to holistic breaks.”
- Lara Kilner, Slimming
“Packed with cutting edge advice and proven tips to help you lead a more holistic and nourishing life”
- Kindred Spirit
Susan Clark lives the life she writes about – her commitment to mind body spirit issues shows in her work. She eats an organic, vegetarian Sattvic diet and practices Sivananda Yoga and meditation. Her columns are hugely respected and the first time she conducted a phone in on a radio talk programme she got 35,000 calls! She is the author of the Sunday Times Vitality Cookbook.
In spring 2000 Susan won Health Journalist of the Year Award
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Not Avail. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0007326459. Bookseller Inventory # Z0007326459ZN
Book Description Not Avail 2000-01-01, 2000. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 0007326459. Bookseller Inventory # Z0007326459ZN