A smaller Times World Atlas in a convenient, portable format for frequent use. Representing the earth with a perfect blend of authority, accuracy and style.
All the mapping and information in this revised edition has been brought fully up to date to give an accurate picture of today's world.
Detailed reference maps in the distinctive and respected Times style provide balanced, systematic coverage of all parts of the world. All maps have been fully revised to take account of any recent environmental and geopolitical changes.
Major updates include;
• New independent country of Kosovo
• Latest magnetic pole positions
• Aral Sea and Lake Chad outlines revised
• New high speed rail lines in Europe
• Abandoned settlements shown - a feature unique to Times world atlases
• Large number of new road and railways added especially in China
• over 400 place names changed
This is a complete world reference atlas in a convenient and easy-to use format, retaining the authority, style and detail of the larger atlases in the range.
The fourth edition of this atlas was the bestselling world atlas in the United Kingdom in 2008 (bookscan figures).
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want