Popular large ‘floppy’ format atlas with spiral binding featuring exceptionally detailed extra large scale road maps at 2.5 miles to 1 inch. Includes a wide range of urban area maps at even larger scale plus 46 detailed town centre street plans.
Printed on paper sourced from sustainable forests this large scale road atlas with lie-flat spiral binding shows an even greater level of detail to the standard road atlases, while maintaining a clear, easy to read and follow style. Each scale of mapping is colour coded for ease of use from the smallest scale maps, great for route planning, to the main road maps and larger scale urban area approach maps to the largest scale town centre street maps to help locate your final destination.
The atlas includes:
• Route planning section including maps for long distance route planning, motorway services information and a handy distance calculator chart.
• Large scale easy-read road maps at 2.5 miles to 1 inch for England, Wales and Southern Scotland and at 3.2 miles to 1 inch in Northern Scotland.
• 20 urban area approach maps at 1 mile to 1 inch which clearly show the best routes through and into the busiest built-up-areas.
• 46 street maps focussed on town centres showing places of interest, car park locations and one-way streets.
• Fully updated fixed speed camera sites with the roads covered by average-speed cameras clearly highlighted.
• Locations of alternative fuel sites (LPG, Biodiesel, Bioethanol, Natural Gas and Electricty recharging points) as supplied by the Energy Saving Trust.
• Map showing the risk rating of Britain’s major roads, courtesy of the Road Safety Foundation.
• World Heritage Sites located with contact details and brief descriptions.
• Over 30 categories of places of interest including castles, theme parks, sports venues, universities, mountain bike trails and surfing beaches.
• The top 1000 most visited places of interest are indexed with full postcodes to aid integration with satnav systems.
• Large type, easy-read index of place names.
An extremely useful road atlas for people seeking exceptionally clear, detailed mapping at an extra large scale.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want