Year 8 Additional Support Teacher's Pack contains all the maths resources you need to ensure progression for students working at Levels 3-4. All the lesson plans support the new maths Framework and enable pupils to access the KS3 curriculum.
Year 8 Additional Support Teacher's Pack offers:
- Lesson plans that draw on the new Key Stage 2 objectives, which underpin the objectives in Key Stage 3, to enable students to access the Key Stage 3 curriculum
- Photocopiable masters and OHTs to take the work out of lesson preparation
- Homework sheets with separate answers for every lesson plan to consolidate classroom teaching
- Assessment tests with separate answers to help you monitor progress and deliver Assessment for Learning
Each of the clear, detailed, double-page lesson plans provides:
- Clear objectives to identify the key learning outcomes
- Key words for the topic
- Lists of resources to make planning easy
- Engaging oral and mental starter activities to involve the whole class
- Main lesson activities to help lead students into exercise questions
- Plenary guidance to conclude each lesson
- Answers to the questions in the accompanying Year 8 Workbook
All the resources are also provided on CD-ROM as PDFs and MS Word files for easy customisation. You will need a Network Licence if you want to use the CD-ROM on more than one computer.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Praise for Maths Frameworking:
“Takes the pressure off planning- which is superb” Nigel Wills, Head of Maths at Fort Hill School
‘…even at this early stage (only a week in) I have been really impressed with the scheme so far. Our NQTs love the lesson plans and say they really help with ideas and with them finding out what sort of level to teach a topic.
The lower set pupils love the workbooks, and they have been a great motivator. The books are clear and easy to read and are excellent practise for filling in SATs papers. Our only problem is that we struggle to get them to stop working and move on to their next lesson!
We had a very heated discussion with one Year 9 boy who was insisting that he took his book home to carry on, and was very angry when we said he couldn’t take it home! These pupils who are usually fairly unmotivated are working through at a real pace.’
Cass Jackson, Barr Beacon Language CollegeBook Description:
Additional resources to help you support Year 8 pupils working at level 3-4
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want