The curriculum-supportive atlas for children working at KS2. The easy-to-use reference atlas format is tailored for classroom use, teaching key curriculum requirements such as map reading skills as well as providing supportive information and statistics.
• This primary world atlas provides an introduction to mapping of the UK, Europe and all major regions of the world. It includes information on map reading skills, the meaning of scale and measuring distances.
• Reference maps are informative, politically coloured, easy to read with national capitals and major cities easily identifiable. Maps are supported with national flags and basic national statistics.
• Continental maps are linked to the regional mapping and are supported with a selection of satellite, aerial and terrestrial photographs. Continental relief maps show layer colouring and major physical features are highlighted.
• The index uses a simple grid reference system and a selection of web addresses is included to help with further study.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Curriculum-supportive world reference AtlasFrom the Back Cover:
Curriculum-supportive world reference Atlas
Key Features and Benefits of Collins Primary World Atlas:
• ’What is an Atlas?’ section teaches concepts such as scale and distance and includes critical map-reading knowledge such as map projection and grid referencing
• Pupils are introduced to mapping featuring facts and diagrams about the longest, largest, highest cities, lakes, mountain etc., making Geography fun to learn
• Reference maps are informative, easy to read, politically coloured and supported with national flags to help engage pupils
• Also available: The Collins Primary World Whiteboard Atlas is designed for use on digital Whiteboards. Printable blank outline maps of the continents and the world are included to support classroom activities
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins 07/01/2008, 2008. Book Condition: used-good. - GREAT BOOK IN GOOD OR BETTER CONDITION, NORMALLY SENT SAME DAY FROM WAREHOUSE. Bookseller Inventory # 7719-9780007265015
Book Description Collins 07/01/2008, 2008. Book Condition: Good. Will be shipped promptly from UK warehouse. Book is in good condition with no missing pages, no damage or soiling and tight spine. There may be some dog-eared pages showing previous use but overall a great book. Bookseller Inventory # 9053-9780007265015
Book Description Collins, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: Good. Collins Primary Atlas - World Atlas This book is in good or better condition. It has no tears to the pages and no pages will be missing from the book. The spine of the book is still in great condition and the front cover is generally unmarked. It has signs of previous use but overall is in really nice, tight condition. Shipping is normally same day from our UK warehouse. We offer a money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. Bookseller Inventory # 9053-9780007265015
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: Good. Bookseller Inventory # PL01268171B
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: Very Good. The book has been read, but is in excellent condition. Pages are intact and not marred by notes or highlighting. The spine remains undamaged. Bookseller Inventory # GOR002970607
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: Good. The book has been read but remains in clean condition. All pages are intact and the cover is intact. Some minor wear to the spine. Bookseller Inventory # GOR003433221
Book Description Collins, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: Used; Good. Bookseller Inventory # mon0001633594
Book Description Collins, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: Very Good. Very good. Bookseller Inventory # HH-131-81-4934004