This one-stop practical guide will show you how to maximise your chances of having a baby. To make your progress easier, it comes in a handy two-colour format with expert tips and advice througout.
Ian Greer has spent his career working with couples trying to conceive and knows exactly the kind of questions they want to know answers to: from the small ones, like 'Is it okay to have a bikini wax?' to the big ones, like 'How do we know which of these treatments is most likely to work for us?'
In this book he explains:
- the menstrual cycle, when you're most fertile and how often to have sex
- understanding your hormones
- what factors can prevent or reduce fertilization and conception
- how to enhance your fertility, and what to do if you want to conceive. A healthy eating with some sample menu plans has been compiled in conjunction with a nutritionist
- genetic issues and your own health issues to consider
- everything you need to know about sperm and ovulation
- complementary therapies such as acupuncture, lymphatic massage, hypnotherapy, Alexander technique, reflexology
- myths and magic: fertility symbols and ancient rites
- tests if you are having trouble conceiving
- how to get the most out of your GP
- how to overcome stress and other emotional blocks to pregnancy
- PCOS, endometriosis, ectopic pregnancies, miscarriages and other health issues
- IVF, ICSI, DI, IUI, IUId, egg donation, semen freezing, FER, surrogate mothers
- sources of information, further reading, support groups, and websites
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Ian Greer is Professor of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the University of Glasgow, after a long career in practice as a House Officer and Registrar at the Royal Maternity Hospital and Royal Infirmary, Glasgow. He is, perhaps, best known for his pregnancy and childcare self-help website, 'mom-e.com'.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Harpercollins Reference. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0007236220. Bookseller Inventory # Z0007236220ZN
Book Description Harpercollins Reference 2007-01-01, 2007. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 0007236220. Bookseller Inventory # Z0007236220ZN
Book Description Harpercollins Reference, 2007. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0007236220