Colour maps clearly showing locks, towpaths and boating facilities as well as comprehensive navigational notes.
First published in the 1970s, the Collins/Nicholson guides to the waterways are designed for anyone and everyone with an interest in Britain’s inland waterways – experienced boaters and those planning their first boat trip, walkers, cyclists and visitors.
• locks, bridges, tunnels, aqueducts, winding holes and the towpath;
• waterpoints, sanitary stations, pump out facilities and refuse disposal;
• boatyards, pubs, restaurants and shops;
• mile markers and milestones (distance in miles and number of locks to strategic points along the waterways).
• the history of each canal; local services and places of interest, pubs and restaurants;
• opportunities for walking and cycling.
Comprehensive navigational notes include:
• maximum dimensions and low bridges;
• mileages, advice and potential hazards;
• navigation authorities and contact details.
Waterways covered in this guide – Basingstoke Canal, Bridgwater & Taunton Canal, Grand Western Canal, Exeter Ship Canal, Kennet & Avon Canal, River Thames, River Wey.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: Good. The book has been read but remains in clean condition. All pages are intact and the cover is intact. Some minor wear to the spine. Bookseller Inventory # GOR001385049