This new edition of the best-selling Focus on Writing Teacher’s Guide has been expanded to provide extra support for modelling and scribing with the whole class, plus additional ideas for working with lower and higher ability groups. It now also includes practical advice on preparing for the KS1 and KS2 SAT writing tasks.
• Guidance on how to use the course to best prepare for the writing tasks of the KS1 and KS1 SATS
• Highlights the expected outcome and key objectives covered by each unit
• Detailed guidance on how to introduce writing skills through shared reading of example texts
• Demonstrates how to teach writing skills used in particular genres through modelling and supported composition
• Shows how to combine the resources in Focus on Writing to best effect
• Ideas for differentitated activities, and for supporting higher and lower abilities
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Supports young writers every step of the wayAbout the Author:
John Jackman is one of Collins’ leading authors for Primary literacy. A former primary schoolteacher, he is an established, successful author of English language resources. Among his other publications for Collins are Collins Focus on Writing and Collins Focus on Grammar and Punctuation (consultant).
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins Educational, 2004. Spiral-bound. Book Condition: Very Good. Very Good: a copy that has been read, but is in excellent condition. Pages are intact and not marred by notes or highlighting. The spine remains undamaged. Most items will be dispatched the same or the next working day. Bookseller Inventory # mon0006737591