The real secret of a happy and fulfilled life, revealed by renowned Kabbalist Michael Berg, author of the acclaimed and bestselling book, The Way. Containing a simple truth, simply explained through moving tales, this book cuts across religions and has a powerful and inspirational message – for the whole of humanity.
Like a jewel that has been painstakingly cut and polished, The Secret reveals life's essence in its most concise and powerful form.
It is a saying that Berg's teacher, the late Rav Ashlag, learned from a mysterious stranger who became his own teacher, years ago in Jerusalem: ‘The only way to achieve true joy and fulfilment is by becoming a being of sharing.’ Our destiny is to experience joy, not suffering, if we know how to connect with the Secret.
Michael Berg shows us how our everyday understanding of our purpose in the world is literally backwards. Whenever there is pain in our lives – indeed, whenever there is anything less than complete joy and fulfilment – this basic misunderstanding is the reason.
The strength and significance of this simple truth unfolds through the sheer inspirational power of the stories and insights from the greatest sages of Kabbala. The Secret is a guidebook for applying the principles of Jewish mysticism to everyday life with a universal truth, whatever your religion.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Those interested in all aspects of spirituality and self-help, as well as Kabbalah. MBS, general, gift.
‘The secret contained by this little book is great indeed, for, if properly understood, it will utterly transform your life, replacing fear with love, anxiety with peace, uncertainty with assurance, and darkness with light.’
- Dr Paul William Roberts, author of Empire of the Soul, Journey of the Magi and The Demonic Comedy
‘Wow! This is a fast, compelling, powerful read. A simple – but potent – concentrate of truth.’
- Melody Beattie, international best-selling author of Co-dependent No More, The Language of Letting Go and Choices.
‘Berg's meditations on the life of generosity are stirring, and the kabbalistic and midrashic tales he employs movingly illustrate the fruits of sharing.’
Praise for Berg’s previous book, The Way:
‘This book will inspire your soul. Michael Berg has accomplished the monumental task of translating the eternal truths of life into spiritual common sense. Without a doubt, The Way will become one of the sacred texts of your life.’
- Caroline Myss, author of Anatomy of the Spirit.
• Michael Berg, son of the eminent Kabbalist Rav P. S. Berg, is the co-director of publications for The Kabbalah Centre.
• He is the author of the best-selling book, The Way (John Wiley).
• In addition to his classes and lectures around the world, Michael is co-editorial director and writes a weekly column for The Kabbalah Centre's website, www.kabbalah.com, which currently has more than 1000,000 visitors every month.
• Born in Israel, Michael Berg studied at The Rabbinical Seminary of America in New York City, and at Yeshiva Shaar Hatorah, following which he earned his rabbinical ordination. He lives in Los Angeles and New York City with his wife and two sons.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Element Books, 2003. Book Condition: New. Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service!. Bookseller Inventory # ABE_book_new_0007163134
Book Description Element Books, 2003. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0007163134
Book Description Element Books, 2003. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110007163134