This beautifully illustrated book is a comprehensive guide to keeping a pony. The instructional colour photographs and text give the reader detailed advice on how to look after their pony and keep it healthy and happy. There is also information on different breeds, their origins and suitability.
1. Introduction – general introduction to the joys and responsibilities of keeping a pony.
2. History and breeds – Their origin, history and evolution. An illustrated guide to the most common breeds.
3. Acquiring a pony – Information on choosing the right pony. What to look for and information on inspecting a pony before you buy it.
4. Feeding your pony – Advice on providing food and pasture. Information on bulk foods, energy-producing foods and special foods. Rearing and feeding young animals.
5. Housing – Detailed information on providing adequate field shelter if your pony is to be kept outside, plus converted or purpose-built stable accommodation with a yard. The special equipment you will need and the importance of good hygiene and mucking our regularly. Stable routine, hoof care, clothing, sadles, and bridles and bits.
6. Handling your pony – How to lead a pony. Turning, entering a field and catching a pony.
7. Healthcare – General health maintenance. Recognizing signs of ill health. Conditions that you can treat yourself and when to call the vet.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
David Taylor BVMS, FRCVS, FZS is a well-known vet, broadcaster and writer on all aspects of animal-keeping, both domestic and wild. His TV appearances are numerous and he has published a number of books, including seven volumes of autobiography and several illustrated pet care books, including Collins The Small Pet Handbook and Collins Family Pet Guides: Rabbit.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins, 2002. Hardcover. Book Condition: Very Good. All orders are dispatched the following working day from our UK warehouse. Established in 2004, we have over 500,000 books in stock. No quibble refund if not completely satisfied. Bookseller Inventory # mon0001879589
Book Description Collins 04/02/2002, 2002. Book Condition: Very Good. This book is in very good condition and will be shipped within 24 hours of ordering. The cover may have some limited signs of wear but the pages are clean, intact and the spine remains undamaged. This book has clearly been well maintained and looked after thus far. Money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. See all our books here, order more than 1 book and get discounted shipping. . Bookseller Inventory # 7719-9780007120925
Book Description Collins 04/02/2002, 2002. Book Condition: used-good. - GREAT BOOK IN GOOD OR BETTER CONDITION, NORMALLY SENT SAME DAY FROM WAREHOUSE. Bookseller Inventory # 9053-9780007120925
Book Description Collins 04/02/2002, 2002. Book Condition: Good. Will be shipped promptly from UK warehouse. Book is in good condition with no missing pages, no damage or soiling and tight spine. There may be some dog-eared pages showing previous use but overall a great book. Bookseller Inventory # 9053-9780007120925
Book Description Collins, 2002. Hardcover. Book Condition: Very Good. In VERY GOOD general condition, with some signs of previous use. Dispatched from the UK daily Another Croaking bargain from the Frog !!!. Bookseller Inventory # mon0001393087
Book Description Collins, 2002. Hardcover. Book Condition: Good. No.1 BESTSELLERS - great prices, friendly customer service â€" all orders are dispatched next working day. Bookseller Inventory # mon0000460760