Collins English Dictionary Plus sets new standards in clarity, accessibility, and practical help. The “plus” is a helpful supplement on writing well whether for reports, essays, or letters of application.
In addition to the usual wide range of entries, this dictionary contains specialist vocabulary from computing, science and technology and many other subjects; all explained in clear, straightforward language.
Usage notes are provided to give advice on words that tend to be confused, and on acceptable and unacceptable usage.
The text and usage notes are based on the findings in the Bank of English, Collins unique language database, ensuring that they reflect the way today’s language is used. Real examples also from the Bank of English demonstrate words in use.
The Good Writing Guide is a plus – specially commissioned, it is full of tips and rules on how to write correct and effective English. It also contains guidance on spelling, punctuation and grammar.
The attractive, open layout of this dictionary makes it easy to use, as well as a pleasure to read.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
• This dictionary reflects today's language, with modern meanings fist
• The definitions are written in clear, straightforward language
• There is comprehensive coverage of specialist vocabulary
• New words and senses are defined
• Spelling help is given for all irregular and difficult forms of words
• Word origins are explained clearly
• Up-to-date notes within the text give advice on acceptable and unacceptable English usage
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins, 2001. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 7101376