These exericises reinforce the central grammar points from the main chapters of the "Cobuild English Grammar". It offers extensive practice material and has a full answer key.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
This authoritative reference grammar has been specially developed for advanced students and teachers of English. The result of a thorough analysis of written and spoken language, this book provides a clear and detailed picture of modern English grammar. The clear layout, as well as the extensive index and cross-referencing, ensures easy access.
• Detailed treatment of common grammatical patterns and parts of speech
• Clear explanations help learners to understand the attitudes and intentions of speakers and writers
• Thousands of 'real' English examples, all chosen from The Bank of English
• Unique lists give the common words used in each structure
• Productive features of English are highlighted, to extend the learner’s knowledge and develop confidence
• ‘Warning’ statements deal with areas of possible error and confusion
• An accompanying book of exercises provides practice material.
The bank of English is a unique computer database which monitors and records the way in which the English language is actually used in the modern world. It is continually expanding and contains over 200 million words, from contemporary British, American, and international sources: newspapers, magazines, books, TV, radio, and real life conversations – the language as it is written and spoken today.
• A completely fresh analysis of the most important items in English grammar
• Functional explanations give a clear description of actual use
• Thousands of 'real' examples
• Unique lists of common words throughout the text
• Productive features of English are highlighted, to develop confidence
• Warning statements to help promote accuracy
COBUILD is the Collins Birmingham University International Language Database
The Bank of English is a unique resource in English Language Teaching. It allows detailed study of today’s English, giving new evidence about how the language is actually used. All COBUILD titles are derived from this database, and have a common aim – to help learners with 'real' English.
Other titles include:
Collins COBUILD English Dictionary
A major new edition, containing a wealth of information on meaning, usage, and grammar. For the first time, word frequency information is also included.
Collins COBUILD English Usage
Collins COBUILD Dictionary of Phrasal Verbs
Collins COBUILD English Guides
A range of smaller books on detailed aspects of the language.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins CoBUILD, 1991. Paperback. Book Condition: New. New item. Bookseller Inventory # QX-000-98-9961009