This text examines hazards and responses. The book provides relevant case studies and employs a range of scales and locations to discuss economically developed, developing and newly industrialized countries. The topics covered include - climatic processes and geomorphological processes.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Part of this trusted Collins A Level Geography Series for complete coverage of this topic for the A Level specificationFrom the Back Cover:
'COLLINS A LEVEL GEOGRAPHY' Each of the 11 books in this
outstanding series examines a different aspect of A level Geography.
• is in full colour
• includes a wide range of high-quality diagrams, maps and photographs
• has clear, accessible text
• contains a variety of activities
• includes relevant and up-to-date case studies to provide context and depth to
major concepts and theories
• employs a range of scales and locations to discuss economically developed, developing and newly industrialised countries
• adopts a systems approach, with the emphasis on the relationship between people
and the environment
'HAZARDS AND RESPONSES', Victoria Bishop
This full- colour text is part of the Collins A Level Geography Series
• What is a hazard?
• Hazards and socio-economic systems
• Tectonic processes: Earthquakes
• Tectonic processes: Volcanoes and Tsunami
• Climatic processes
• Geomorphological processes
• Biological hazards
• Multiple hazards and planning for the future
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins Educational, 1998. Paperback. Book Condition: Good. Ex-Library Book. Has usual library markings and stamps inside. All orders are dispatched the following working day from our UK warehouse. Established in 2004, we have over 500,000 books in stock. No quibble refund if not completely satisfied. Bookseller Inventory # mon0002304968
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: Fair. Bookseller Inventory # TT00544126B
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: Fair. Bookseller Inventory # PL01330656B
Book Description Collins Educational, 1998. Paperback. Book Condition: Very Good. An EX LIBRARY copy in VERY GOOD condition.May have some library identification marks/stamps. Daily dispatch from UK warehouse. This book is in VERY GOOD overall condition, showing only light signs of previous ownership. Bookseller Inventory # mon0002878963
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: Good. The book has been read but remains in clean condition. All pages are intact and the cover is intact. Some minor wear to the spine. Bookseller Inventory # GOR001711985
Book Description Collins Educational, 1998. Paperback. Book Condition: Used; Good. Bookseller Inventory # mon0001647689