Maths Plus is a complete course for students aged 14+ who will not achieve GCSE grades. It is particularly suitable for those studying the NEAB Certificate of Achievement in Mathematics. It also supports other Maths Certificates of Achievement and Foundation Level in Scotland.
Maths Plus offers:
• Interesting real-world examples for learning maths
• A wide range of practice questions with clear explanations
• Review tests to monitor your progress
• Questions based around 'Maths for Life', placing maths in context to promote understanding
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
'Maths Plus' is designed for Key Stage 4 pupils working at or below grades F, G and U in mathematics. 'Maths Plus' is a full course in its own right, with exam board accreditation, but you can use each of the course units individually to support specific needs in your class.
The materials integrate maths with IT and communication skills, and so are 'key-skill friendly', as recommended by the Dearing Review of 16-19 qualifications. This makes them useful to a wide range of pupils.
• Two full-colour pupil books place maths in context: often vocational, always motivating.
• Carefully structured exercises in the pupil books prepare pupils for assessment.
• Full support for specialist and non-specialist maths teachers.
• Full certification: NEAB will award a Certificate of Achievement in National Curriculum Mathematics.
The Maths Plus course and materials have been designed to motivate the least-able students and prepare them for progress towards GCSEs and NCVQ key skills later on.
The NEAB Certificate is 100% teacher assessed with awards possible at Pass, Merit and Distinction levels for passing 4, 8 or all 12 units.
The full National Curriculum model for Ma1 is used, allowing credit transfer of Ma1 achievement into GCSE Foundation tier.
The Pupil's Books
Two full-colour books are based around 'maths for life'. Each unit is sub-divided into five or six double-page spreads.
• Maths placed in context.
• Valuable data and other material that you will want to use with students has been brought together in easy-to-use format.
• Practice exercises.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins Educational, 1997. Paperback. Book Condition: Good. Sent within 24 hours. Expedited UK delivery available. Number of pages: 80. Ex. Library copy - usual stamps and marks. Condition: Very Good. May show some slight signs of wear. Bookseller Inventory # BBI65204