A homework book to support Higher Mathematics for GCSE Second Edition – the perfect companion to AQA specifications A & B
Introduction to new specifications
Chapters covering new GCSE specifications
New Section on Proof
Hundreds of worked examples and past-paper questions
Appendices including statistics coursework help
Answers to questions
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
These three books cover all of the material required by the new GCSE syllabuses. The books are made up of short sections that provide useful short-term goals for pupils and allow teachers to match the books easily to their own course.
Written specifically for the new GCSE syllabuses.
• Lead author, Brian Speed, is the Chief Examiner for NEAB.
• Exceptional support for Coursework and 100% terminal-examination Options (NEAB syllabuses A and B).
• Continual emphasis on developing mathematical skills.
• Full examination-style tests written by the Chief Examiner.
• Hundreds of exercises.
Throughout the books, maths is applied to everyday contexts and genuinely interesting situations in the real world.
'Foundation Mathmatics for GCSE' is designed to support Foundation tier students more than any other text you can buy at this level. It includes:
• Careful introductions to assess what your students already know. These are often practical activities that engage students' interest, often based around pictures and graphics rather than text.
• Structured worked examples – taking great care over language and mathematical development.
• Basic skills, written into the entire course.
• Coursework tasks.
• Chapter checklists.
• Plenty of examination practice.
• 'Number-tricks' and 'Puzzle sections' to emphasise patterns in number and raise involvement.
• Revision 'Tests' after every three or four chapters. Students can work through the course with short-term, achievable goals.
Collectively, Evans, Gordon, Speed and Senior have over 100 years of teaching experience, both in the classroom and leading maths departments. They all currently hold senior positions within examining bodies and have been extensively involved in the development and piloting of new specifications.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins Educational, 1998. Paperback. Book Condition: Used; Very Good. Dispatched, from the UK, within 48 hours of ordering. Though second-hand, the book is still in very good shape. Minimal signs of usage may include very minor creasing on the cover or on the spine. Bookseller Inventory # CHL1404024
Book Description Collins Educational, 1998. Paperback. Book Condition: Good. All orders are dispatched the following working day from our UK warehouse. Established in 2004, we have over 500,000 books in stock. No quibble refund if not completely satisfied. Bookseller Inventory # mon0002291032
Book Description Collins Educational, 1998. Paperback. Book Condition: Used; Good. **SHIPPED FROM UK** We believe you will be completely satisfied with our quick and reliable service. All orders are dispatched as swiftly as possible! Buy with confidence!. Bookseller Inventory # mon0002075466
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: Very Good. The book has been read, but is in excellent condition. Pages are intact and not marred by notes or highlighting. The spine remains undamaged. Bookseller Inventory # GOR001896493