Collins School Grammar is a complete reference book of grammatical terms and usage. Clearly arranged in alphabetical order, this practical book can be used by students or teachers as the accessible yet authoritative guide to English grammar.
Success in Key Stage 3 SATs: Collins Reference Grammar is an essential resource for maximising students’ achievement
Accessible: arranged in alphabetical order, written in clear, easy to understand language, with an easy-to-use layout
Practical: reading and writing, speaking and listening activities reinforce the information and focus it on classroom practice
Motivating: students will relate to and enjoy the relevant, living examples, interesting information and amusing illustrations
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
‘The student workbooks offer a clear sense of progression …and are logically organised and accessible for classroom use.’TESFrom the Back Cover:
The 'Collins School Grammar' course consists of:
• 'Three Workbooks' of motivating grammar activities (one per year);
• 'A Reference Grammar' covering key terms, rules and usage (for student or teacher reference).
• 'Ideal Preparation For KS3 SATS:' Provides thorough, progressive activities focused on the SATS.
• 'Authoritative:' reference book for you and your students written in consultation with a Chief Grammarian.
• 'Living Language:' uses the Bank of English database of over 310 million words.
• 'Flexible:' can be used as a course or for ad hoc reinforcement of grammar skills.
• 'Progressive:' one book per year for Key Stage 3 (S1-S3)
• 'Ready-To-Run Homework:' saves you time and promotes active learning
• 'Ideal Revision Tool:' each workbook contains a revision bank section
• 'Cost-Effective:' cheaper than photocopying
'Collins School Grammar' is a complete reference book of grammatical terms and usage. Clearly arranged in alphabetical order, this practical book can be used by students or teachers as the authoritative guide to English grammar.
"The best resource I have seen at this level and I would recommend it to anybody."
CURRICULUM MANAGER FOR COMMUNICATION STUDIES, LANCASHIRE.
John Mannion is Head of English at Elliott School, London and a well-known author. The series consultant is Gill Francis, Chief Grammarian on the Cobuild Project.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins Educational, 1998. Paperback. Book Condition: Very Good. Collins School Grammar: Collins Cobuild Reference Grammar This book is in very good condition and will be shipped within 24 hours of ordering. The cover may have some limited signs of wear but the pages are clean, intact and the spine remains undamaged. This book has clearly been well maintained and looked after thus far. Money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. See all our books here, order more than 1 book and get discounted shipping. . Bookseller Inventory # 7719-9780003221169
Book Description Collins Educational, 1998. Book Condition: Poor. This book has soft covers. Ex-library, With usual stamps and markings, In poor condition, suitable as a reading copy. Bookseller Inventory # 3243266
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: Good. Bookseller Inventory # TT00723973B
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: Fair. Bookseller Inventory # PL01168010B