This accessible handbook has been specially written for nursery teachers and pre-school leaders. It provides guidance on how to introduce all the Letterland characters and lots of practical suggestions for follow-up activities and discussion.
Originally published as Discovering Letterland, this new, substantially revised edition enables teachers and leaders to introduce Letterland to very young children in a simple and fun way.
With a double-page spread for every letter of the alphabet, this handbook gives guidance on how to introduce each (lower case) letter, how to write it correctly, how to pronounce each letter sound and how to explain the corresponding capital letter shape.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
• Letterland is the best way to introduce young children to the alphabet.
• Children learn about the alphabet through lively and friendly Letterland characters such as Annie Apple, Bouncy Ben and Clever Cat
• Through listening and responding to Letterland stories, songs and rhymes, children can enjoy discovering the world of reading and writing.
'Early Years Teacher's Guide'
• Clear and easy instructions for teaching early literacy skills.
• Gives valuable guidance on introducing Letterland. Should be used in conjunction with the Letterland ABC book.
• Full of practical ideas, activities and role play suggestions to help children in the early stages of letter sound and shape recognition.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Letterland International, 1997. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0003033201