Title: 100 Ways of Seeing an Unequal World
Publisher: Zed Books, U.S.A.
Publication Date: 2001
Book Condition: Fine
This highly original visual book is designed as a teaching aid-for students as well as readers wanting to tease out for themselves an understanding of the contemporary world in which we live in. Bookseller Inventory # 000038
Synopsis: This highly original visual book is designed as a teaching aid -- for students in conventional courses as well as readers wanting to tease out for themselves an understanding of the contemporary world in which we live. Tested prior to publication in a number of teaching settings, the author builds on the fact that there is now a large body of statistical information about today's highly unequal world. Presenting it in visual form can greatly stimulate discussion and understanding. Each topic has a two-page spread -- innovative diagrams and charts on one side; a short text prompting further thinking and discovery on the other.
Ideal as a supplementary teaching tool in Current Affairs, Development Studies and International Relations classes as well as in less formal training and education settings.
* Human Inequality -- between classes, men and women, ethnic groups.
* Inequalities between North and South -- output, jobs, hours worked.
* Income distribution -- North and South; urban and rural; within countries and between them.
* Demographic differences -- men and women; North and South.
* Agriculture, food and diet.
* Unequal integration into the world economy -- production, trade, raw material prices, the profits of multinational corporations, debt, aid.
* The Environment - the economy's uneven ecological footprint.
* Refugees and Migration.
* Armed Forces and Violence.
* The Changing History of Inequality.
This innovative book builds on the fact that there is now a large body of statistical information about today's highly unequal world. Bob Sutcliffe looks at current affairs, development, and international relations. For anyone wanting to understand the contemporary world, this book probes complex economic issues using innovative diagrams and charts.
This bookseller accepts the following methods of payment:
AbeBooks Bookseller Since: 21 August 2014
We guarantee the condition of every book as it's described on the Abebooks web sites. If you're dissatisfied with your purchase (Incorrect Book/Not as Described/Damaged) or if the order hasn't arrived, you're eligible for a refund within 30 days of the estimated delivery date. If you¿ve changed your mind about a book that you¿ve ordered, please use the [Ask bookseller a question] link to contact us and we'll respond within 2 business days.
Israel Jaronowski, firstname.lastname@example.org, 3220 Netherland Ave ...
Shipping costs are based on books weighing 2.2 LB, or 1 KG. If your book order is heavy or oversized, we may contact you to let you know extra shipping is required.