The First Practical Guide to Advanced Wireless Development with ZigBee Technologies
Supported by more than a hundred companies, the new ZigBee standard enables powerful new wireless applications for safety, security, and control, ranging from smart energy to home automation and medical care to advanced remote control. ZigBee Wireless Sensor and Control Network brings together all the knowledge professionals need to start building effective ZigBee solutions.
The only simple, concise guide to ZigBee architecture, concepts, networking, and applications, this book thoroughly explains the entire ZigBee protocol stack and covers issues ranging from routing to security. It also presents detailed, practical coverage of ZigBee features for home automation, smart energy networking, and consumer electronics.
• Fundamental wireless concepts: OSI Model, error detection, the ISM Band, modulation, WLAN, FHSS, DSSS, Wireless MANs, Bluetooth, and more
• ZigBee essentials: applications, characteristics, device types, topologies, protocol architecture, and expanded ZigBee PRO features
• Physical layer: includes frequency bands, data rate, channels, data/management services, transmitter power, and receiver sensitivity
• MAC layer: data/management services, MAC layer information base, access methods, and frames
• Network layer: data entities, NIB, device configuration, starting network, addressing, discovery, channel scanning, and more
• Application support sublayer and application layer: includes profiles, cluster format, attributes, device discovery, and binding
• ZigBee network security: includes encryption, trust center, security modes, and security management primitives
• Address assignment and routing techniques
• Alternative technologies: 6lowpan, WirelessHART, and Z-wave
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Ata Elahi has been a Professor in the Computer Science Department of Southern Connecticut State University since 1986. His research areas include computer networks, data communication, computer hardware design, and pipeline processors. Elahi’s books include Data, Network, and Internet Communications Technology and Communication Network Technology. He holds a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from Mississippi State University.
Adam Gschwender is a professional software engineer.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # 6330202-n
Book Description Prentice Hall. Book Condition: New. Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 0137134851
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2009. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0137134851
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2009. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0137134851
Book Description Prentice Hall. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0137134851 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW4.0057114
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2009. Book Condition: New. Brand new! Please provide a physical shipping address. Bookseller Inventory # 9780137134854
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2009. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. 1st edition. 304 pages. 9.00x6.90x0.70 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk0137134851
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2009. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110137134851
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97801371348541.0