This highly regarded reader is intended for courses in political philosophy, political ideologies, political theory, and comparative political systems in both Philosophy and Political Science departments. It remains unsurpassed in the breadth and depth of its coverage, and in its exceptionally clear and provocative presentation of the theoretical foundations of communism, fascism, and democracy. This third edition has been updated to reflect the changing reality of the fall of Communism as a functioning political system, and has been reorganized to better illuminate central philosophical foundations of democracy.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
1. The text features the best collection of readings, allowing the theorists to speak for themselves to the student, accompanied by complete and lively introductions for each political ideology, each topic and each selection.
2. Part One, on Communism, presents the development of Marxist thought from the early utopian socialists through the 20th century.
3. Part Two, on Fascism, continues to present central passages from leading Italian and German fascists not readily accessible elsewhere.
4. Part Three, on Democracy, retains the effective presentation of the great works in the history of democratic thought, but their placement is now more systematic.
1. Part One, on Communism, now incorporates an expanded account of the theory of dialectical and historical materialism with the inclusion of more from MarxÆs economic writing notably the passage from Das Kapital on the ôFetishism of Commodities.ö
2. Part Two, on Fascism, is reorganized to exhibit more clearly the relation between the early theoretical defenses of irrationalism and nationalism, and the manifestations of these themes in the politics of fascist Italy and Germany.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Mcgraw-Hill College, 1972. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 2nd. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0075536838
Book Description Mcgraw-Hill College, 1972. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0075536838