"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"The book provides an introduction to the anatomy of the eye and the ophthalmic exam, as well as overview of many ophthalmic emergencies. There are many high-quality glossy photos. Ocular infections and trauma are particularly well-covered. This is a well-written overview of ophthalmology directed at the general practitioner. There are outstanding photographs of diseased eyes that highlight key features of urgent eye disease and useful clinical pearls. 3 Stars."-- Doody's Review Service ( Doody's 2002-12-01)From the Back Cover:
Illustrated in full color, this guide provides everything nonspecialists need to screen, identify, treat, and if necessary, refer conditions of the eyes, generally the most difficult emergencies faced by nonophthalmologists
In this much-needed resource, an ophthalmologist explains what primary and emergency care medical personnel must know to care for frequently seen eye problems.
* Guides you in step-by-step eye exams
* Offers quick, visual access to answers in 175 illustrations
* Covers conditions from simple eyelid inflammations to blow-out fractures and chemical splash injuries
* Includes chapters on glaucoma, traumatic injuries, pediatric eye problems, retinal/vitreous conditions, and more
* Explains procedures and standards for a number of useful tests
* Provides clear guidelines on when to refer
* Complete with numerous Pearls
More than emergency treatment reference, here is an excellent way for primary care providers to gain a solid working knowledge of ophthalmology.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Medical, 2003. Book Condition: Good. This is an ex-library book and may have the usual library/used-book markings inside.This book has soft covers. In good all round condition. Bookseller Inventory # 4770922
Book Description McGraw-Hill Medical, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: Used: Good. We ship International with Tracking Number! May not contain Access Codes or Supplements. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service! j. Bookseller Inventory # 0071212566D