Written for the revised 2010 specification, BTEC First Sport is ideal for BTEC students at all levels. Twelve chapters cover each unit , organised into clear topics. Activity Features include Getting Started, Key Terms, Case Studies, Over to You and Investigate. Knowledge Checks also help to revise and consolidate key information.
This expertly written, innovative student textbook provides comprehensive support for the revised BTEC First Certificate, Extended Certificate and Diploma.
This book closely follows the specification of the BTEC Firsts in Sport award. All the topics referred to in the units of the specification are fully covered. It contextualises learning with realistic case studies based around lively sports and fitness scenarios. Its manageable number of topic-focused spreads allows the student to address key issues with ease, and a range of interactive activities permits students to engage further with the topic.
- Fitness testing and training
- Practical sport
- Outdoor and adventurous activities
- Anatomy and physiology for sport
- Injury in sport
- Planning and leading sports activities
- Technical skills and tactical awareness for sports
- Nutrition for sports activities
- Development of personal fitness
- Work experience in the sports industry
- Effects of exercise on the body systems
- Planning and running a sports event
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins Educational, 2010. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0007342640