The sequel to The Secret of Happy Children – which has sold over 1 million worldwide. This book helps parents communicate with children from babyhood to teens.
A book which covers a wide age group from toddlers to older children and covers new key issues such as:
• ‘soft love’: the power of touch and praise and giving time and the ‘firm love’ which allows you to discipline (this is not about giving punishment but about teaching and getting involved… without hurt or fear)
• the childcare issue – Steve believes that long day care of children under 3 in an institutional setting, like a creche will give kids a deprived childhood experience. He talks about finding a balance and what to do if you have no choice
• Raising boys and raising daughters
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Stevel Biddulph’s bestselling sequel to ‘The secret of happy children’From the Back Cover:
Stevel Biddulph’s bestselling sequel to ‘The secret of happy children’
A very practical, 'how – to' approach to parenting.
'More Secrets of Happy Children' tackles the important concerns of parents today, with inspirational ideas and clues for day-to-day living with children. As counsellors, educators and parents, Steve and Shaaron Biddulph have worked with families for over twenty years, and have talked with thousands of parents about what works.
Issues such as:
• How to help toddlers and children feel secure and settled
• Discipline methods that work – without hitting or yelling
• Making sure your love gets through
• Being the best kind of dad
• Will childcare damage your child?
• Parent power – changing our world and many more, are discussed with Steve's gentle blend of humour and practical advice.
This is a book about putting love into action, about knowing what you are doing and why, and about raising twenty-first century children you can be proud of.
An invaluable book to help you with raising babies, toddlers and school-aged kids
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description HARPER COLLINS, 2009. Paperback. Book Condition: NEW. 9780007332625 This listing is a new book, a title currently in-print which we order directly and immediately from the publisher. Bookseller Inventory # HTANDREE0983132
Book Description Thorsons, 2009. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. 154 pages. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk0007332629