This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
S.U.M.O. stands for Shut Up, Move On. It′s a phrase to say to ourselves (and sometimes others) when we are acting or thinking in a way that is hindering our ability to succeed. It doesn′t necessarily mean ′get over it′ or ′pull yourself together′ (although there may be occasions when both responses are necessary). ′Shut Up′ means stop what you′re doing, take time out to reflect, let go of baggage and beliefs that hinder your potential. ′Move On′ means tomorrow can be different from today, look for new possibilities, don′t just think about it, take action.
There are six S.U.M.O. principles that are designed to help you create and enjoy a brilliant life. If you are wrestling with life′s challenges, these principles will help you do so more successfully.
1. Change Your T–Shirt – take responsibility for your own life and don′t be a victim.
2. Develop Fruity Thinking – change your thinking and change your results.
3. Hippo Time is OK – understand how setbacks affect you and how to recover from them.
4. Remember the Beachball – increase your understanding and awareness of other people′s world.
5. Learn Latin – change comes through action not intention. Overcome the tendency to put things off.
6. Ditch Doris Day – create your own future rather than leave it to chance. Forget the attitude ′que sera, sera, whatever will be, will be.′
"A superb book. It combines honesty, humour and inspiration to help people move ahead in life."
Allan and Barbara Pease, authors of Why Men Don′t Listen and Women Can′t Read Maps
"Powerful, simple and effective. A highly engaging and thought provoking book. Anyone who reads it is sure to look at themselves and the world differently as a result."
Octavius Black and Sebastian Bailey, The Mind Gym
The S.U.M.O. guy is Paul McGee, an international speaker and author. He has been developing the S.U.M.O. principles over the last five years.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"...the SUMO approach is simple and effective...an easy–read...engaging and thought–provoking..." ( Local Government Chronicle, July 2006)From the Publisher:
Seven questions to help you S.U.M.O.
· Where is this issue on a scale of 1-10?
· How important will this be in six months time?
· Is my response appropriate and effective?
· How can I influence or improve the situation?
· What can I learn from this?
· What will I do differently next time?
· What can I find that's positive in this situation?
By applying the S.U.M.O. principles to your life, you will discover:
· The single biggest factor that enables you to achieve success
· How to define what success means for you
· How to be successful AND maintain a balanced life
· How to respond honestly and appropriately to setbacks and challenges
· How to maintain your motivation after your initial enthusiasm has worn off
· How to develop successful relationships with others
· How to overcome thinking patterns that can sabotage your success
· How to create a future worth living for that benefits you and everyone around you.
Enjoy the journey.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Condition: New. Griffiths, Fiona (illustrator). A+ Customer service! Satisfaction Guaranteed! Book is in NEW condition. Seller Inventory # 1841127116-2-1
Book Description Condition: New. Griffiths, Fiona (illustrator). New. Seller Inventory # Q-1841127116
Book Description Condition: new. Griffiths, Fiona (illustrator). Book is in NEW condition. Satisfaction Guaranteed! Fast Customer Service!!. Seller Inventory # PSN1841127116