Discover the Bible's ancient wisdom on these toxic people - who they are, how they got that way, how to deal with them, and God's final word on it all.
If you’re checking out this book, there is a good chance you - or someone you care about - have experienced some of the more damaging consequences of genuine narcissism. Maybe you didn’t realize you were dealing with a narcissist at first, but the pain and damage caused by this selfish, arrogant, condescending, and domineering person might have driven you to search for answers about what was going on, and how to deal with them. As you searched online or in books, you collected the conventional wisdom available, but feel there is still more to it.
While the Bible does not use the exact term "narcissism" - a word from Greek mythology - it most certainly speaks to the subject. In fact, if you look carefully, you might be surprised at just how much and how directly Scripture speaks about narcissism and narcissistic people.
The First Will Be Last: A Biblical Perspective on Narcissism is just what the title says - an A-Z look at the Biblical perspective on these toxic people; including who they are, how they got that way, and how to deal with them. From key words to Biblical case studies, it will unlock a new perspective and provide a framework in your search for truth.CONTENTS
WHO SHOULD I LISTEN TO?
- The Range of Perspectives
- The Secular Perspective on Narcissism
- There’s Another Option
THE BIBLICAL PROFILE OF A NARCISSIST
- Painting the Biblical Picture
- Layer 1 - Key Words and Definitions
- Layer 2 – Key Word Usage
- Layer 3 – Case Studies in the Bible
- Enhancing the Portrait
- Additional Case Studies
- #1 - Can A Narcissist Be a Christian (& vice versa)?
- #2 - Do They Really “Get Away With It”?
- #3 - Can A Narcissist Ever Change?
CAUSES – ONE ROOT, SEVERAL BRANCHES
- The Root Cause
- Four Examples
- Ultimately They Look In, Not Up
A PATH TO GENUINE CHANGE
- The Foundation
- God’s Radical Revelations
- Making it Real
COPING WITH NARCISSISTS
- God’s Responsibility...and Ours
- Protect Yourself
- Be Smart in Your Interactions
- Learn to Pray in the Situation
- Practical Solutions ... and God’s Grand Plan
FROM WHY, TO HOPE, TO LOVE
- Asking “Why”
- God’s Plan for A Purpose of Love
- The Four Pillars of Trust
- Turning Tears into a Life-giving Spring
- Why to Hope to Love
YOUR JOURNEY FORWARD
- Crying Out, Seeking God
- Walking Forward
- Coming Full Circle
Written by someone who understands the journey, this book starts with discovery, and ends with comfort.
NOTE: The Amazon "Look Inside" formatting does not accurately represent the much higher quality format of the actual Kindle book.