This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
This revised course is designed to help your students develop the abilities required to achieve exam success for the new WJEC GCSE Geography Specification B.
- Develop students' geographical investigative and analytical skills with activities that use real-place data, maps, photographs and ICT resources
- Provides case studies of real places at different scales and at different levels of development
- Extends students' learning and helps them to research geography in greater depth with 'Going Further' information and activities
- Encourages students to use their understanding of geographical processes and patterns to predict what might happen in the future with 'Geography Futures'
WJEC Specification B is a direct development of the popular Avery Hill course and retains its issue-based, investigative approach to geography. It is based around three themes:
1. Challenges of living in a built environment
2. Physical processes and relationships between people and environment
3. Uneven development and sustainable environments.
Theme 1 - Challenges of Living in a Built Environment
Chapter 1: Variation in quality of life and access to housing
Chapter 2: Access to services and changing service provision
Chapter 3: Urbanisation
Chapter 4: Planning issues in built environments
Chapter 5: Rural change and planning issues
Theme 2 - Physical Processes and Relationships between People and Environments
Chapter 1: Weather and climate
Chapter 2: Ecosystems
Chapter 3: The issue of desertification
Chapter 4: River processes and landforms
Chapter 5: Coastal processes and coastal management
Theme 3 - Uneven Development and Sustainable Environments
Chapter 1: Employment structures and opportunities
Chapter 2: The location of economic activities
Chapter 3: Economic activity and the environment
Chapter 4: Development
Chapter 5: Development issues and water
Chapter 6: Interdependence
Glossaries also available online at Vocab Express, an interactive learning application.
Visit www.vocabexpress.co.uk/hodder for more information.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
This revised course is designed to help your students develop the abilities required to achieve exam success for the new WJEC GCSE Geography Specification B. WJEC Specification B is a direct development of the popular Avery Hill course and retains its issue-based, investigative approach.About the Author:
Andy Owen is an experienced author and former Geography teacher.
Andy Leeder is an experienced author and Geography teacher.
Glyn Owen is a Head of Geography.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Hodder Educ, 2013. Paperback. Condition: Brand New. 10.87x8.43x0.47 inches. In Stock. Seller Inventory # zk1444187252