This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Neuroscience is a comprehensive textbook created primarily for medical, premedical, and undergraduate students. In a single concise and approachable volume, the text guides students through the challenges and excitement of this rapidly changing field. The book's concise length and accessible writing are a successful combination that has proven to work equally well for medical students and in undergraduate neuroscience courses.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
Thoroughly revised and updated text
* All chapters are fully updated to reflect current research
* Substantial revisions have been made to:
- Chapter 4, Ion Channels and Transporters
- Chapter 6, Neurotransmitters and Their Receptors
- Chapter 8, Synaptic Plasticity
- ALL chapters in Unit IV, The Changing Brain
- ALL chapters in Unit V, Complex Brain Functions
Expanded full colour art
* A completely new colour palette with digital enhancements.
The Neuroscience companion website features review and study tools to help students master the material presented in the neuroscience course. Access to the site is free of charge and requires no access code. The site includes:
· Chapter Summaries: Concise overviews of the important topics covered in each chapter.
· Animations: Detailed animations depict many of the key topics presented in the textbook. Topics such as synaptic transmission, resting membrane potential, information processing in the eye, the stretch reflex, and many others are presented in a dynamic manner that helps students visualize and better understand many of the complex processes of neuroscience.
· Flashcards and Key Terms: Flashcard activities help students master the extensive vocabulary of neuroscience. Each chapter's set of flashcards includes all the key terms introduced in that chapter.
Sylvius: An Interactive Atlas and Visual Glossary of Human Neuroanatomy
S. Mark Williams, Leonard E. White, and Andrew C. Mace
Sylvius provides a unique computer-based learning environment for exploring and understanding the structure of the human central nervous system. Sylvius features fully annotated surface views of the human brain, as well as interactive tools for dissecting the central nervous system and viewing fully annotated cross-sections of preserved specimens and living subjects imaged by magnetic resonance. Much more than a conventional atlas,Sylvius incorporates a comprehensive, visually rich, searchable database of more than 500 neuroanatomical terms that are concisely defined and visualized in photographs, magnetic resonance images, and illustrations fromthe main Neuroscience text.
LECTURER SUPPLEMENTS (Only available for confirmed adopters of the textbook - see details below)
Instructor's Resource Library
The Neuroscience Instructor's Resource Library includes a variety of resources, including:
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
A classic neuroscience textbook, updated with the latest developments in the fieldAbout the Author:
DALE PURVES, Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School, USA
GEORGE J. AUGUSTINE, Korea Institute of Science & Technology, USA
DAVID FITZPATRICK, Duke University, USA
WILLIAM C. HALL, Duke University, USA
ANTHONY-SAMUEL LAMANTIA, GW Institute for Neuroscience, USA
LEONARD E. WHITE, Duke University, USA
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Condition: new. Seller Inventory # think0878936955
Book Description Sinauer Associates, Inc., 2011. Hardcover. Condition: New. 5. Seller Inventory # DADAX0878936955
Book Description Sinauer Associates is an impri, 2011. Hardcover. Condition: New. Brand New!. Seller Inventory # VIB0878936955
Book Description Sinauer Associates, Inc., 2011. Hardcover. Condition: New. NEW TEXTBOOK-SHIPS WITH EMAILED TRACKING. Seller Inventory # Sep18-9780878936953