The latest edition of this highly successful text covers all the underlying concepts, analytical methods and processes of development, selection, formulation and implementation of strategy.
Instructor's Manual (0-13-010993-2). PowerPoint Slides (0-13-010994-0).
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
'New edition of a widely used and respected strategy textbook. Extensive teaching support.'
From the Back Cover
Dr Bruce Lloyd, Book Review Editor for LRP
Exploring Corporate Strategy is Europe s leading strategy textbook with sales of over 500,000 copies worldwide. This new edition builds on the established strengths of previous editions, whilst substantially updating and re-orientating material to meet the needs of contemporary students and lecturers. Classic features
- Combines analytic and process views of strategy.
- Heavily informed by research in the field.
- Links theory and practice through over 80 one-page illustrations and 11 chapter end case examples.
- Many globally known organisations (e.g. AOL/Time Warner, Honda, Virgin, Madonna, British Airways, BBC).
- Cases and examples from many different sectors and geographical locations including UK, US, Scandinavia, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Holland, Croatia.
- Impressive additional support for tutors and students including: teacher s manual (course design, work assignment de-briefs, case study teaching notes), CD of text Exhibits, companion website (including updates, links and multiple choice questions), videos and the Exploring Strategic Management series of books on: techniques, strategic change, finance and public sector strategy.
- Throughout the text, strategy is seen through three complementary 'lenses': 'design' (an analytical approach); 'experience' (builds on cultural, institutional and cognitive schools of thought); 'ideas' (builds on evolutionary and complexity theories).
- Critical commentaries
- at the end of each part of the book encourage students to engage critically with the material, exploring links between chapter topics and developing a more holistic view of strategic issues as viewed through these three lenses.
- Strategies for a fast changing world including hypercompetitive and game theoretic strategies.
- An increased emphasis on knowledge as a basis of competitive advantage.
- A new framework for corporate level strategies.
- A new more integrated approach to issues of structuring: structures, processes, boundaries and relationships.
- A complete chapter on the links between overall strategy and strategies for separate resource areas, people, information, finance and technology.
- Many examples of new economy issues: IT, de-regulation, globalisation and flexible structuring.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.