This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Colour maps clearly showing locks, towpaths and boating facilities as well as comprehensive navigational notes.
First published in the 1970s, the Collins/Nicholson guides to the waterways are designed for anyone and everyone with an interest in Britain’s inland waterways – experienced boaters and those planning their first boat trip, walkers, cyclists and visitors.
· locks, bridges, tunnels, aqueducts, winding holes and the towpath;
· waterpoints, sanitary stations, pump out facilities and refuse disposal;
· boatyards, pubs, restaurants and shops;
· mile markers and milestones (distance in miles and number of locks to strategic points along the waterways).
· the history of each canal; local services and places of interest, pubs and restaurants;
· opportunities for walking and cycling.
Comprehensive navigational notes include:
· maximum dimensions and low bridges;
· mileages, advice and potential hazards;
· navigation authorities and contact details.
Waterways covered in this guide – Basingstoke Canal, Bridgwater & Taunton Canal, Grand Western Canal, Exeter Ship Canal, Kennet & Avon Canal, River Thames, River Wey.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Paperback. Condition: Very Good. The book has been read, but is in excellent condition. Pages are intact and not marred by notes or highlighting. The spine remains undamaged. Seller Inventory # GOR003735148
Book Description Paperback. Condition: Good. The book has been read but remains in clean condition. All pages are intact and the cover is intact. Some minor wear to the spine. Seller Inventory # GOR001385049
Book Description Spiral-bound. Condition: Used; Good. **SHIPPED FROM UK** We believe you will be completely satisfied with our quick and reliable service. All orders are dispatched as swiftly as possible! Buy with confidence!. Seller Inventory # mon0001009753
Book Description Spiral-bound. Condition: Used; Good. stains on the side **SHIPPED FROM UK** We believe you will be completely satisfied with our quick and reliable service. All orders are dispatched as swiftly as possible! Buy with confidence!. Seller Inventory # 4052360
Book Description Paperback. Condition: Used; Good. **Simply Brit** Shipped with Premium postal service within 24 hours from the UK with impressive delivery time. We have dispatched from our book depository; items of good condition to over ten million satisfied customers worldwide. We are committed to providing you with reliable and efficient service at all times. Seller Inventory # 1142741