This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
A brand new dive guide to scapa flow featuring; 3D wreck scans, highly detailed full colour maps of all locations, full colour world class photography throughout, unseen archive material.
The most comprehensive guide to diving the reefs and wrecks of Scapa Flow. Scapa Flow has international acclaim as one of the top five wreck diving locations in the world and has more diveable wreckage than any other area in Europe. The shipwrecks are a mixture of battleships, cruisers and destroyers from the German High Seas Battle Fleet scuttled towards the end of WWI and the direct actions of the British Admiralty which sank a further 43 ships during both world conflicts to block the entrances to Scapa Flow.
* The definitive guide to diving Scapa Flow covering all wrecks and reef dives.
* Contains a wealth of previously unpublished material.
* Detailed descriptions of every dive including special conditions and unusual features.
* Includes highly detailed full colour maps of all wreck locations.
* Detailed historical accounts of all the wrecks.
* Bottom scans and line drawings of many of the wrecks.
* Suitable for all levels of experience from novice to `technical' diver.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Lawson Wood has written more than 40 related historical and diving guides from all over the world, including the successful Shipwrecks of the Cayman Islands. He is a founding member of the Marine Conservation Society and founder of the St.Abbs and Eyemouth Voluntary Marine Nature Reserve in Scotland. He made photographic history by becoming a Fellow of the Royal Photographic Society and Fellow of the British Institute of Professional Photographers solely for underwater photography. He is also a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description AquaPress, 2007. Paperback. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M1905492049