Discover a whole new world of dogs with this revolutionary, breed-specific guide accompanied by a free DVD. The first book in this series to focus on the specific needs of puppies, Puppy Care & Training shows how to prepare for a puppy's arrival and explains how to feed, groom, and train him during this impressionable stage. It also discusses preventive care and how to deal with common health issues in puppies to encourage a longer and healthier life.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Discover a whole new world of dogs with these revolutionary, breed-specific guides accompanied by a free DVD.
From the leader in responsible animal care for over 50 years comes this exciting series of dog breed titles. Written by professional pet writers who are also experts on the breeds, each book is filled with valuable information on a variety of topics that are essential for cultivating health and happiness in a canine companion.
Every book in the Terra-Nova series contains:
* 208 pages of brand new text, featuring highly breed-specific information
* an extensive health chapter, reviewed and approved by a respected veterinarian
* chapters on feeding, grooming, and beginner and advanced training
* a bonus DVD featuring socialization, safety, and training advice from a professional dog trainer and detailed information from a veterinarian on what happens at the vet and how to perform regular home health checks
* a comprehensive resource section
* an ideal mixture of informative text and accompanying photographs--plus sidebars and tip boxes
Owning a puppy brings great joy, but it also brings great responsibility. To do it right, you must keep your furry friend healthy and safe, housetrain her, teach her family manners, show her how to get along with all different types of people and other animals, and more. Understanding your puppy's special needs and motivations will help you to do these things, and recognizing your puppy's unique personality will help her to become part of the family.
This total care guide contains colorful sidebars, boxes, and photographs that illustrate key topics essential to puppy owners. An excellent source of accurate, in-depth information, Puppy Care & Training will help you and your family raise a healthy and well-behaved puppy companion.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Interpet Publishing, 2008. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M1842861999