Updating and expanding Russell Barkley's acclaimed Handbook, this new second edition incorporates the latest findings on the nature, diagnosis, assessment, and treatment of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). As in the previous edition, Dr. Barkley includes contributions from other leading scientist-practitioners, who report on their respective areas of expertise. Readers will find current, practical information on nearly every aspect of the disorder. In-depth assessment and treatment guidelines are supported by updated outcomes documentation, and three new chapters focus specifically on adults.
Practitioners wishing to implement the assessment and treatment recommendations delineated in this edition are advised to purchase the companion Workbook, which contains a full set of forms, questionnaires, and handouts, in a large-size format, with permission to photocopy.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Russell A. Barkley, PhD, ABPP, ABCN, is Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at the Medical University of South Carolina. Dr. Barkley has published numerous books and five assessment scales, plus more than 260 scientific articles and book chapters on ADHD, executive functioning, and childhood defiance. He is also the editor of the newsletter The ADHD Report. A frequent conference presenter and speaker who is widely cited in the national media, he is past president of the Section on Clinical Child Psychology (the former Division 12) of the American Psychological Association, and of the International Society for Research in Child and Adolescent Psychopathology. His website is www.russellbarkley.org.Excerpt. © Reprinted by permission. All rights reserved.:
I. Nature and Diagnosis
1. History, Barkley
2. Primary Symptoms, Diagnostic Criteria, Prevalence, and Gender Effects, Barkley
3. Associated Problems, Barkley
4. Comorbid Disorders, Social Relations, and Subtyping, Barkley
5. Etiologies, Barkley
6. Developmental Course, Adult Outcome, and Clinic-Referred ADHD Adults, Barkley
7. A Theory of ADHD, Executive Functions, and Self-Regulation, Barkley
8. Diagnostic Interview, Behavior Rating Scales, and the Medical Examination, Barkley and Edwards
9. Tests and Observational Measures, Gordon and Barkley
10. Integrating the Results: Eight Clinical Cases, Hathaway, Dooling-Litfin, and Edwards
11. Assessment of Adults with ADHD, Murphy and Gordon
12. Counseling and Training Parents, Anastopoulous, Smith, and Wien
13. A Large-Group Community Based Family Systems Approach to Parent Training, C. E. Cunningham
14. Training Families with ADHD Adolescents, Robin
15. Educational Placement and Classroom Management, Pfiffner and Barkley
16. Student-Mediated Conflict Resolution Programs, C. E. Cunningham and L. J. Cunningham
17. Stimulant Medications for ADHD Children, DuPaul, Barkley, and Connor
18. Clinical Use of Antidepressant Medications for ADHD Children, Spencer, Biederman, and Wilens
19. Other Medications for ADHD Children, Connor
20. Psychological Counseling of Adults with ADHD, Murphy
21. Pharmacology for Adults with ADHD, Wilens, Spencer, and Biederman
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description The Guilford Press, 1998. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M1572302755
Book Description The Guilford Press, 1998. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P111572302755