This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
With its focus on data analysis, statistical reasoning, and the way statisticians actually work, Introduction to the Practice of Statistics has helped to revolutionize the way statistics are taught in the classroom and brings the power of critical thinking and practical applications to your course. Freed from an overload of computations, students are able to go beyond the raw numbers to see what the data actually mean.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
* A new author Bruce Craig, who is the director of the statistical consulting center at Purdue University, USA, His vast experience consulting and collaborating with individuals who use statistical methods in their work provides him with perspective on the field of statistics that resonates with the approach of this text.
* A new design incorporates colorful, revised figures throughout. New photographs related to chapter examples and exercises make connections to real-life applications and provide a visual context for topics.
* New section on Data Ethics in Chapter 3
* Changes in organisation and design to increase flexibility of topics and readability
* New exercises have been added, plus all examples have been revised to reflect current data
* New Use Your Knowledge exercises designed to reinforce key concepts now appear throughout each chapter
* More student-friendly pedagogy includes Chapter Openers, 'Recall' Margin Call Outs, and Revised Technology References
* Companion Website at www.whfreeman.com/ips6e: Offers a range of study tools including Interactive Applets, Data Sets in ASCII, Mintab, TI, SPSS, JMP, and Excel formats, Interactive Exercises and self-quizzes, Student version of the Electronic Encyclopedia of Statistical Examples (EESEE), all tables from the text as PDFs, additional exercises, plus the following additional chapters: Logistic Regression, Nonparametric Tests, Bootstrap Mathods and Permutation Tests, and Statistics for Quality: Control and Capability.
* Study Guide and Solutions Manual http://www.palgrave.com/products/title.aspx?PID=289873: Provides solutions to exercises from the text.
* Student CD: Included with every new copy of the book, this CD provides access to the companion chapters, applets, and data sets also found on the Companion Website.
LECTURER SUPPLEMENTS (Only available for adopting lecturers - please see below for details)
* Companion Website at www.whfreeman.com/ips6e: Includes Instructor version of the Electronic Encyclopedia of Statistical Examples (EESEE), with solutions to the exercises in the student version, customisable PowerPoint slides matching the text's table of contents along with a wide range of figures and charts, plus access to all the student web features.
* Instructor Resource CD (978-1-4292-1503-9): Contains all the student material plus additional presentation, assessment, and course management materials.
* Printed Testbank (978-1-4292-1471-1): Contains hundreds of mulitple-choice questions.
Lecturers Supplements are available to confirmed adopters of the textbook. To request, please email email@example.com with the title and ISBN of the required supplement together with your academic details:
Your Job Title
Your academic address
Your academic email
Module start date
Module student numbers
* Computerised Testbank (978-1-4292-1859-7): Contains hundreds of mulitple-choice questions. The CD format allows lecturers to edit, resequence, and download questions.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
With its focus on data analysis, statistical reasoning, and the way statisticians actually work, this text helps to revolutionize the way statistics are taught.About the Author:
DAVID S. MOORE is Shanti S. Gupta Distinguished Professor of Statistics at Purdue University, USA, and was 1998 president of the American Statistical Association. He is an elected fellow of the American Statistical Association and of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics and an elected member of the International Statistical Institute. He has served as program director for statistics and probability at the National Science Foundation. He has also served as president of the International Association for Statistical Education and has received the Mathematical Association of America's national award for distinguished college or university teaching of mathematics.
GEORGE P. McCABE is Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Professor of Statistics at Purdue University, USA. His entire professional career has been spent at Purdue, with sabbaticals at Princeton, the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research
Organization (CSIRO) in Melbourne, Australia, the University of Berne, Switzerland, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) in Boulder, Colorado, USA, and the National University of Ireland in Galway. He is an elected fellow of the American Statistical Association and was 1998 chair of its section on Statistical Consulting. He has served on the editorial boards of several statistics journals. He has consulted with many major corporations and has testified as an expert witness on the use of statistics in several legal cases.
BRUCE CRAIG joins the author team for this new edition. He is the director of the statistical consulting center at Purdue University, USA (following George McCabe). This along with his strong academic research credentials and his many years of teaching statistics at all levels provide the academic experience and contemporary real data from the center's consulting that lecturers have grown to expect in this textbook.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description W. H. Freeman. Condition: new. Seller Inventory # think1429216220
Book Description Condition: New. This is Brand New. Seller Inventory # EduBoulevard(Asian)-20112019-209
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # M-1429216220
Book Description W. H. Freeman, 2007. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M1429216220
Book Description W. H. Freeman, 2007. Hardcover. Condition: New. NEW TEXTBOOK-SHIPS WITH EMAILED TRACKING. Seller Inventory # Sep18-9781429216227
Book Description W. H. Freeman. Hardcover. Condition: New. 1429216220 New US Edition Textbook, Ships with Emailed Tracking from USA. Seller Inventory # Z1429216220ZN