Songs and Riddles Genre Beginner stage Poetry Book 2 (LITERACY LAND)
Genre Range for ages 5-11:
- Provides exciting and engaging texts from all the fiction genres children need to experience and understand.
- Offers rich opportunities for speaking and listening through playscripts and poetry ranging from classics to contemporary.
- Provides easily manageable drama for study and performance in the classroom and an introduction to Shakespeare in Key Stage 2.
- Especially motivates and supports reluctant readers through accessible, visual genres such as comic strips and Access texts for ages 9-11.
- Provides varied models for writing for comparison, discussion and practice with letters and diaries providing particularly supportive examples of written communication.
- Simple integration of assessment for learning into class teaching is provided in the Teaching Notes which ensure children’s reading and writing skills progress at word, sentence and text level.
- Accessible Teaching Notes and Activity sheets ensure teachers, teaching assistants and parents are all able to contribute to teaching and learning.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.