This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
This course in Portuguese is designed for anyone who wants to progress quickly from the basics to understanding, speaking and writing Portuguese with confidence. Although it is aimed at those with no previous knowledge, this course is equally suitable for anyone wishing to brush up existing skills for a holiday or business trip.
Key structures and vocabulary are introduced in thematic units, progressing from introducing yourself to writing your CV, from booking a hotel room and buying food to looking for a job and a house to rent or buy.
This course is not exclusively for European Portuguese or Brazilian Portuguese. It is based on structures and vocabulary equally used on both sides of the Atlantic. Relevant differences are explained in the units and sign-posted Eur. and Br. respectively. The dialogues and other sections have been recorded by different native speakers of Portuguese to familiarize learners with different accents.
The course includes:
· easy-to-follow and effective format
· up-to-date, lively, realistic dialogues
· practical vocabulary for real-life situations
· step-by-step guide to pronunciation
· grammar explanations and verb charts
· tips and handy hints to help the learner
· cultural information and highlights
· exercises depicting everyday situations
· puzzles, quizzes and other word games
· answers to all the exercises
· email and letter writing, social and business
· revision units to consolidate and check progress
· websites for further sources of authentic
· grammar glossary and cross-reference index
· Portuguese-English/English-Portuguese vocabulary
· cross-reference index listing more than 130 topics
This course book contains 25 thematic and carefully-graded units on reading, writing, speaking and listening, and covers a variety of everyday topics, progressing from introducing yourself to writing a CV. The emphasis is on communication throughout, with important language structures introduced through dialogues and also on the accompanying recording. Exercises are included to enable you to practise the new language and monitor your learning as you go, and tips on grammar and pronunciation equally feature. Cultural information should help you get the most out of the language and help you communicate and socialise with Portuguese speakers in different countries.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
‘This is indeed an extremely practical course that also provides an excellent grounding in the language’ -- The Bulletin of the Hispanic and Luso-Brazilian Council, nº. 109About the Author:
Manuela Cook is a linguist and specialist in Portuguese Studies. She has worked in the UK Higher Education sector, in particular at the University of Wolverhampton, for over two decades and is the author of language courses and other materials for the learning of Portuguese.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Teach Yourself Books, 2004. Paperback. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # DADAX0340870931