This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Specifically designed for the Northern Ireland curriculum, History for NI Key Stage 3 is a three-book course which:
- is organised chronologically from 1169 to the present day and structured around stimulating thematic enquiries which examine change over time
- takes an active approach to learning
- features summative tasks at the end of the enquiries, providing excellent opportunities for assessment
- includes a wide variety of activities, designed to develop thinking skills and personal capabilities as well as key historical skills
- has been shaped to integratethe key elements, giving the historical enquiries relevancy to the modern world. Ireland 1500-1900 Ireland 1500-1900 is designed to build on the skills, knowledge and understanding that were developed in the Ireland 1169-1500 pupil book. The book is structured around stimulating historical enquiries within the period including:
- Grabbing the land - winners or losers?
- King Billy - Why do we have heroes in history?
- The Irish Famine - was it England's Holocaust?
- Who made a difference and why?
- What was lreland like at the end of the nineteenth century? It concludes by asking the students to evaluate what they have learnt and to look forward to Year 10 - particularly focusing on how to further develop their historical skills.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
History for NI Key Stage 3Book Description:
Specifically designed for the new Northern Ireland Key Stage 3 curriculum.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Hodder Education, 2005. Condition: Very Good. Ships from the UK. Former Library book. Great condition for a used book! Minimal wear. Seller Inventory # GRP97795368
Book Description Paperback. Condition: Good. The book has been read but remains in clean condition. All pages are intact and the cover is intact. Some minor wear to the spine. Seller Inventory # GOR003804762