This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Praise for Health and Disease: A Reader:
"An extremely useful book - covering a wide variety of health-related topics from several perspectives...makes available many of the research findings, ideas and analyses that influence current thinking and debates in the field of health and disease." - The British Journal of Medical Psychology
Health and disease have become major subjects for investigation, comment and debate. Health and Disease: A Reader is an interdisciplinary collection of articles which reflect the varied and sometimes controversial perspectives within these debates. Drawn from a wide range of sources, including the biomedical and social sciences, history, literature and lay accounts, these articles address all aspects of health and disease.
Health and Disease: A Reader is:
* the third edition of a best-selling and widely used textbook
* revised and updated, with a range of new articles
* a unique collection of articles, including extracts from 'classic' texts, specially commissioned articles and many articles which are often unavailable elsewhere
* grouped into seven key areas, with editorial introductions which provide a context and guide to the main themes, the articles and their authors
* the reader for Open University course U205 Health and Disease
* specifically designed with the needs of students and teachers in mind
* an essential teaching tool and resource
Health and Disease: A Reader will be essential reading for all students and teachers of health studies, nursing, medicine, social policy, social work and sociology. It will also be of interest to researchers in the natural and social sciences, health care professionals, policy makers and analysts, and anyone interested in health, disease and health care.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"An extremely useful book - covering a wide variety of health-related topics from several perspectives...makes available many of the research findings, ideas and analyses that influence current thinking and debates in the field of health and disease." - The British Journal of Medical PsychologyAbout the Author:
Basiro Davey is Senior Lecturer in Health Studies at the Department of Biological Sciences at the Open University. Alastair Gray is Director of the Health Economics Research Centre, Institute of Health Sciences at the University of Oxford. Clive Seale is Professor of Sociology at Goldsmith's College at the University of London.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # M-033520967X